Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Parachute system

Reaction score
I contacted these guys to ask if they have this for the Q500 and they are working on a mount so hopefully it will be ready soon so if yous drop them a email to enquire they will put yous on a list and notify when it's ready

https://www.marsparachutes.com/#

I watched the video. It seems they also offer a automatic deployment system. That will fine and well when you are up high but cosidering most things go wrong close to the ground I wonder how effective it would be. I also wonder if it cuts the power to the props as well?

I was thinking perhaps a fall event that exceeds a set velocity. In either case it will be of little help if it flies away and hits an obstacle.

Yes but it's purpose is to help ur drone fall gently in a event of a power outage or malfunction so if it flys away that's nothing to do with this safety device if u think about it

Most I've seen fire when the drone gets to a 30 degree angle.
This has been discussed in other threads for a while and we're still waiting for a viable solution.
Hopefully soon.
:)

I will wait and see if get a email from that company telling me they have a mount ready to sell

Ok got this email back today from Glenn at this time it is looking to be release late 2017 please subscribe on our website and you will get the latest news release when it comes to the point.
www.MARSparachutes.com

Just had this email back from Mars sounds as if they have their hands full with these new laws.

Hi Thomas,

sorry for the delay. I see your email in our system we have been slammed with the new flight over people committee that we are proposing to the FAA. we have actually have removed our focus in the New products to the FAA until the FAA tells us exactly how they want our systems to perform. because it may require design changes.

Ok folks got a update from Mars no not the planet but the company lol

Hi Yuneec customers,

We have been very busy working on the new Manual radio deployment system called NOVA and working on our New Mayday Board (Automatic deployment system) releasing mid 2018 for what we think will be required.

So at this time Mars has decided to encourage Yuneec customers to check out the new mount posted by one of our customers click on link at the bottom To view the project, Thingiverse is a 3d printing community that shares designs. This model is not an official Mars product but we figured you guys can modify where needed. We have lots of request to release this but we have figured it was better to share our ideas with our customers, because we just simply do not have the time to complete the project. Mars is going to open the door to help Yuneec users figure out ways to mount our Parachute system to your Drones. We hope this will benefit you by protecting your drone and those below.

Yuneec Typhoon Parachute by gurusonwheels

$500 dollars is a bit dear I think at least the Mars stuff is only about 200 to 300 I don't know anyone with a 3D printer that could help me with this

Just got another reply from the parachute company

Hi Thomas,

We do not have anything for the Q500 specifically but if you visit our custom drone section you can find the parachute that will work with the payload you are looking for and click on what applies for you then you can download the pdf bolt pattern and print it up and see if the template bolt pattern will fit your drone somewhere. or you can make a custom mount or send us a design and we can machine it out for you. since we have a machine shop. I am sorry that we do not have anything available but we are currently working on FAA project that is consuming a lot of our time.

What helps us gauge the need for yuneec products is by how many subscribers we get for the Yuneec News which is on our subscribe page.

---

Glen Rineer / Team Member
M.A.R.S. Parachutes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430