Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Parts availability longer term - new pilot question

Reaction score
New Typhoon H pilot here.

Just ordered a Typhoon H having tried one out a few months back.

I notice the price is dropping in the UK and I know Yuneec laid off staff earlier this year. Is this a concern in the longer term? Is the H about to be discontinued? I know that batteries have a limited lifespan and I just wondered what your thoughts are about whether they'll still be readily available to buy, along with other parts, in 12 months' time. I've not owned a drone for as long as a year yet, so have no idea how this might pan out longer term. Hoping to get more than 12 months useful life out of it though.

Thanks for your quick reply! I've ditched DJI after numerous issues and have no desire to put up with their shocking GO app any longer. Really looking forward to the dedicated controller/monitor. I hope you're right and that Yuneec will keep going. I guess the imminent release of their new camera, which I'm guessing is compatible with the H, will help ensure longevity.

New Typhoon H pilot here.

Just ordered a Typhoon H having tried one out a few months back.

I notice the price is dropping in the UK and I know Yuneec laid off staff earlier this year. Is this a concern in the longer term? Is the H about to be discontinued? I know that batteries have a limited lifespan and I just wondered what your thoughts are about whether they'll still be readily available to buy, along with other parts, in 12 months' time. I've not owned a drone for as long as a year yet, so have no idea how this might pan out longer term. Hoping to get more than 12 months useful life out of it though.
Yuneec will be supporting the H480 for some time to come. They will shortly be releasing the H520 but that aircraft is aimed at a different market (commercial) but Yuneec have indicated that the cameras for the H520 will, at some later stage, be made compatible with the H480, so it would seem that Yuneec are still committed to further enhance the H480 experience with the eventual promise of better cameras...looks like the H480 will be with us for the foreseeable future (well, as foreseeable as anything can be in the consumer UAV market).

Reactions: Baishy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axel66