Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Patch vs omnidirectional?

Reaction score
I received an omni directional antenna, as well as a patch antenna with my Typhoon H Pro. Which one is best? I presume the patch, but then why would they include the omni directional one as the one shipped on the transmitter?

I received an omni directional antenna, as well as a patch antenna with my Typhoon H Pro. Which one is best? I presume the patch, but then why would they include the omni directional one as the one shipped on the transmitter?
Good question. Maybe they are just depleting the stock of the omni's. The patch will give you a stronger signal but you have to keep it aimed at the H.

Just received my second H w/ Realsense yesterday (thanks to Amazon for the $1200). It did not include the omni antenna. Yes, it did have the three antenna ST16.

Reactions: Rayray
Just received my second H w/ Realsense yesterday (thanks to Amazon for the $1200). It did not include the omni antenna. Yes, it did have the three antenna ST16.
That's how mine came, with just the Patch antenna. I ordered the Omni separately. Well, that and the neck strap but I won't get into that considering what I paid for my H Pro w/RealSense vs what they're selling for today. So goes the way of the early adopter.

I use the omni antenna 90% of them time as I'll be flying basically right over myself, or somewhat nearby. If I'm going to be flying so that I can keep the patch pointed at the H the whole time, I'll switch to the patch antenna, but that doesn't happen too often.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinlevin