Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Perfect Flight

Reaction score
I have been wanting to say that since I was a kid and visualized setting out to the local bay or coast and simply flying while skimming along the shore and flirting with the sea birds and exploring the inlets.

I have been doing the 'drone' thing long enough with lots of DIY for many years to understand the simplistic statement above.

But the Typhoon H delivered this morning.

Up early, got to McDonalds for coffee and hash browns, drove the 20 minutes to the SF Bay inlet I enjoy. Set the H up, goggles on (pretty much always FPV) and flew .. and it was .. perfect. I simply flew directing the H as I desired. Fly with birds; follow a rower in a skull; fly at 25 feet ceiling observing the inlets when I am 2000 feet out from my position.

Control to the H was perfect, video from the H to the goggles was perfect, but most of all was no anxiety while flying. I expected this. I am expecting this.

No Anxiety. Just want to repeat. This is, like you know, totally new. I always had anxiety previously.

There is no spectacular video as I shot none. I was using the time-lapse capture for the first time with acceptable results, but nothing fantastic.

The next step is dropping the TH off one of the 400' cliffs along Highway 1 and exploring those areas.

In a way this is a corollary thread to the "are you happy with your H", but asking about a Perfect Flight

Very nice account for a first flight. I'm new to the Typhoon myself (just got one yesterday from Costco). Thee are many resons I got it, one of them was the built-in HDMI out and that enables FPV mode. Hence, my question: What brand/type/model of goggles aye you using? There seems to be quite a few out there and I'd rather not go by seller's 'claims'.

But the Typhoon H delivered this morning.

Man, what an inspiring post. Is this your 2nd TH unit, or? Did you use Headplay goggles?
I have enjoyed all your posts since you first joined. Send us some videos of the Hwy 1 coastline.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval