Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

photo and video counter reset

Reaction score
I've had the H for one day so lots to learn, but very impressed so far.

What's the proper procedure for copying photos and video from the SD card then deleting everything, without the counter resetting?

I deleted my test video after copying to my Mac, and when I took more today they started with YUN0001. If I had 7 yesterday I would think it's smart enough to start counting from 8.

Plus, the images are also stored on the ST16. Are there settings for what gets saved vs reset when a new SD card is inserted in the camera?

Best way is to transfer SD card files to a computer or external hard drive using an SD card adapter. Anytime you remove all the files from the card the sequence starts over. If you leave the last shot taken on the card the file sequence is continued. You can put the last shot from yesterday back on the card or re-name one currently on the card whatever you want to maintain the sequence.

Only a few photos and videos are stored on the 16 for review purposes and get over written as the allowed quantity of each type is reached. They are low resolution and not worth saving. There are no saved settings for video files in the 16. A new video card would of course start the file naming convention at YUN0000 again, and changing video cards does not impact the last image files temporarily residing on the 16. Those remain until following flights over write them.

The system is not smart enough to maintain a numerical sequence without a reference point. You'll have to be smarter than the camera;)

Reactions: Hulletteo
There's always the possibility in another firmware upgrade...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's always the possibility in another firmware upgrade...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does anyone know if this situation has changed with the latest (Feb 2017) firmware update? Otherwise, I will take PatR's advice and can create a small 2-sec video file at the end of each session and leave it on the card until the next flying session so the file name sequence continues counting up. All those zeros ought to be good for something.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimal khan