Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

POI Since Firmware Update

I just tested poi,ccc etc and they worked. My video feed dropped out way sooner than pre update. Tested GPS off and flew around a bit but didn't push it. While hovering I switched back to GPS on and it engaged instantly and held position. Video continued to record uninterrupted with legs up or down. Tried taking a photo with 1 second exposure and the video feed goes off for about 10 seconds!

Has anyone confirmed the earlier claim that the update(s) were pulled at Yuneec?

( I just looked. As of right now, it has NOT been pulled as claimed it would be.)

...... Tried taking a photo with 1 second exposure and the video feed goes off for about 10 seconds!
How are you getting a 1 second exposure?
Best I see as a setting is 1/30th. :(

1 second exposure with a drone ???? You won't have a sharp picture !!! You can't use such an exposure if you are not using a tripod.
You can go up to 4seconds! And I can tell you.... you can have quite a sharp image!

I saw some video of a P4 guy who was filming at night outside his work, and a police car came up and he thought he was getting in trouble, but they were just interested in the drone. Then they offered to do a drive by with lights flashing so he could get a cool exposure.
At the end of the clip you can see the light trails and the rest looked pretty much in focus.
Any way, I'd live to be able to do that.... But how do we get 1,2 or 3 second shutter. I think he said he was using a 3 second shutter.

You can go up to 4seconds! And I can tell you.... you can have quite a sharp image!
So how? Or is it just a dji or other camera seeing? :(

So how? Or is it just a dji or other camera seeing? :(
When you put the camera in to Photo mode and set it to manual you can set your shutter speed to 4 seconds. So do not leave the ST16 in video mode, but switch to camera mode.

When you put the camera in to Photo mode and set it to manual you can set your shutter speed to 4 seconds. So do not leave the ST16 in video mode, but switch to camera mode.
Great thanks.
I'll have to take another look.
I couldn't seem to be able to change resolutions in camera mode I thought.
Hmm I'll check it out again in the morning. Thanks heaps.

As a winemaker, I strongly reject the analogy of firmware and wine aging. ;) LOL!
Sorry, I though that is what the guy in Jerez told me when I lived in Rota courtesy on the US Navy. But that was a long time ago, remember Franco.

my Compass and Accelerometer updates ??????

is this something that needs to be after the update?

how are these done?

thx

Has anyone confirmed the earlier claim that the update(s) were pulled at Yuneec?

( I just looked. As of right now, it has NOT been pulled as claimed it would be.)

Yup, still there for me. I spoke to Andrew at yuneec as per my post and that is verbatim what he said. However, he said he would email instructions to backdate and nothing so not impressed. Especially as I called from UK to the USA for an answer.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
update- i called yuneec as i have no patience for this stuff.

there have been bugs with the new firmware and Andrew at Yuneec claims my issue is one of them, i would be curious if follow me doesn't work for anyone else but i will add that to my own thread.

Andrew said Yuneec are going to pull the latest firmware offline and re-release it in a few days time and he would send me instructions to backdate so follow me works again but that means probably back to ages for camera to connect.
I've spoke with Andrew in the past, he is one of the best people Yuneec has there to talk to your lucky you got him,he's very up to date.

OK... flew again today to test POI once more...and it still works after all. The difference for me is the firmware update seems to have changed the sensitivity of the stick getting it to begin the mission. Previously, I had to only bump the stick directionally. Now it seems I have to hold it half way or so for maybe a second or two.

Thanks for the feedback from all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430