Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Poll - did you have or had problems with your Yuneec Typhoon H

Status
Not open for further replies.
From when I got my H back at the start of June last year until I did an update on it this February using the Nov 16 update, the only thing that was an issue was the long connection time for the camera...an issue that was progressively getting worse which finally prompted me to do that update. Other than that, during that time, My H flew flawlessly.
However, since I did that update, I've had some niggles. Not what you'd call notable problems but niggles nonetheless.
I installed Tuna's app the other day so that I can analyse recent flights from the data.

Big, big problem encountered during a mission, while sunny weather, wind null and displacement of the drone at very low speed (altitude 30m, distance close to 100m, angle mode, joystick Obstacle Avoidance OFF).
The drone fell without any warning, I was on the third battery and everything had gone very well before the fall!
I do not know what happened.
Is it possible that an engine brake to be "unclipped" in full flight, despite the very favorable weather conditions and the low speed of travel?
The fall took place on a bed of grass, with no possibility of "catching up" (the drone was no longer responding to orders).
Damage: camera holes, arms.
The Typhoon H is under warranty, I shipped it 5 weeks ago to Germany for review and repair: no after-sales service news so far!
I am very disappointed and at least perplexed!

Reactions: pacoimaca
So many of these problem posts lack a very large amount of information. All of them blame the H, none of them describe what the user did before and during the flight, none if the dropped out of the sky posts show a picture of the H at the crash site depicting the battery placement before the aircraft is disturbed.

As a professional UAV incident investigator my guess is a lot if people are only telling what they want people to see, and deliberately leaving out the parts that reflect badly on them. Some problems I'm certain are real but more than a few I believe were self inflicted.

BTW, without showing a receipt you can't have a warranty, and that covers pretty much any product.

If people want to post a believable incident report it's got to be complete. Start with a detailed description of the pre-flight actions. What did you do and how did you do it before you armed the aircraft? Make note of the calibrations performed where and when prior to the incident. Note the weather conditions. Note how many satellites were being shown on the aircraft and -16. What flight mode was it in? How were the -16 antennas positioned/oriented? How far away was it when the incident occurred? What was the battery state? How was it being flown? What is your experience level, referencing the approximate number of flight hours with the H, and with other multirotors? Was OBS or RealSense being used? Gear up or down? Post the telemetry. Post pictures of the aircraft as found at the crash site.

Last edited:
Reactions: Niblett
Very strange, I fly 3 THs with 4 stock and 3 outside batteries. All get at least 16 minutes with camera and RealSense. Often I get 18 minutes.
Flying with the real since on slows down the craft its like flying the Q 500 I enjoy the speed also I do get 18 minutes on fully charged batteries thats it 18 minutes

The presence of clouds in the sky will have little consequence to how many satellites you are able to lock. What will effect the number of satellites your H can see is the mask, or shadow you get from nearby hills and structures like buildings and bridges. For example, you will generally get less satellites locked if you are flying in a valley than if you were flying from the top of the hills surrounding the valley. Likewise, you will generally see less satellites if you are flying near to a tall building than if you were flying in the wide open.

Do you know why your H motors shut down?
yuneec tec support , the telemetry report said failed at 29 meters I've had no other problems it just happen no hills no tall buildings no wind and a clear sky motors just shut off after less than 5 minutes

Big, big problem encountered during a mission, while sunny weather, wind null and displacement of the drone at very low speed (altitude 30m, distance close to 100m, angle mode, joystick Obstacle Avoidance OFF).
The drone fell without any warning, I was on the third battery and everything had gone very well before the fall!
Is it possible that an engine brake to be "unclipped" in full flight, despite the very favorable weather conditions and the low speed of travel?
The fall took place on a bed of grass, with no possibility of "catching up" (the drone was no longer responding to orders).
Damage: camera holes, arms.
The Typhoon H is under warranty, I shipped it 5 weeks ago to Germany for review and repair: no after-sales service news so far!
I am very disappointed and at least perplexed!
Have you gotten your drone back yet with a replacement

Only issue I had with about 7 hours if actual flight time is that the rubber boots/bushings on the gimbal kept dropping out of their respective holes on one side and the camera would tilt. Replaced all of the rubber boots/bushings and no problem since. The H has flown great out of the box. Current on firmware also.

2 H's, 187 flights between them, one fly away, recovered, that Yuneec handled under warranty.

My ST16+ controller had bad gimbal pots. They would dance all over the place and cause the H Pro to do strange things.

Had it replaced under warranty and no issues since.

Big, big problem encountered during a mission,
It's likely that the third battery didn't get fully latched in and vibrated loose. No juice, no fly.
The only problems with my TH were a result of my mistakes. Love it!

My second flight of my H resulted in a death spiral. I believe I had calibrated everything correctly before taking to the air. I was hovering 4-5 feet off the ground in angle mode getting a feel for it when all of the sudden it started circling me to the right uncontrollably, I had lost complete directional control and it was moving on its own. I was new at the time to flying so did not think about getting more alltitude (or at least try) and regain control and just watched it crash... a very sick feeling as my wife looked on. The landing gear and camera broke off. I sent it in and it was repaired under warranty, no questions asked. I have now been flying 4+ months a lot with absolutely no issues and loving it!!

It's likely that the third battery didn't get fully latched in and vibrated loose. No juice, no fly ...

No, the battery was well hung!
The proof: the poor Typhoon "moaned" on the floor, emitting "sad beeps"; it chills, so there is juice!

Yuneec in Germany always slow, slow, slow.
And they give no news.
For them, you have only to wait, that's all!
Not yet its been a week since sending it in, Im in Texas the H pro has came down over 4 hundred dollars thanks for asking

My second flight of my H resulted in a death spiral. I believe I had calibrated everything correctly before taking to the air. I was hovering 4-5 feet off the ground in angle mode getting a feel for it when all of the sudden it started circling me to the right uncontrollably, I had lost complete directional control and it was moving on its own. I was new at the time to flying so did not think about getting more alltitude (or at least try) and regain control and just watched it crash... a very sick feeling as my wife looked on. The landing gear and camera broke off. I sent it in and it was repaired under warranty, no questions asked. I have now been flying 4+ months a lot with absolutely no issues and loving it!!
I've been flying my H for about 7 month with 0 problems my last flight I lost signal at 29 meters Im waiting for a replacement I have the 500 G but its just too slow 0 problems for over a 1 year in a half I want the phantom 4 pro + for the speed But I don't think that can deal with there support control Yuneec is decent and fair

Received an H series UAS in February, I fly everyday for several hours a day. I have only had one self inflicted issue with the camera mounting board. I was going way to fast in installing the camera for a night flight and bent the power pin on the board (since, my boss has repeated, slow is smooth, smooth is fast. Yes, I know now).

Recently, I installed a real sense module just to play with, tried to run the UAS into a tree with the OBS turned on. Airframe just laughed at me and wouldn't get close.

One item I check three times in preflight is the battery, seems to be the root of a lot of mishaps. Batteries not clipped in, causes in flight power loss. Ultimately resulting into UFIT.

Overall, this is one of the best airframes I have flown. Being able to change the cameras out is a huge benefit to the multitude of missions I operate in.

Reactions: Dr Delta and Rayray
No, the battery was well hung!
The proof: the poor Typhoon "moaned" on the floor, emitting "sad beeps"; it chills, so there is juice!
So, you think the battery failed? Shh,,,It's also possible that the crash reseated the battery.
Hope you get satisfaction from German CS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval