Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Possible ST16 update issue

Reaction score
Hi,
I just updated my Typhoon H to the latest firmware. The process seemed to go ok, even updated the H itself but as the picture shows there is no TX and RX version numbers just an APK version. (H not connected but shows latest (A) firmware.

All seems to work fine but I am very nervous about flying without the Correct firmware showing. I tried re-flashing the ST16 a number of times with different SD cards and all only had the ST 16 firmware only on the card.

NB: Battery is now at 38% but was fully charged each time I updated. Also I get full telemetry on the ST16 and my H responds to all controller inputs!!

Anyone experienced this potential issue?

Attachments

• IMG_0674.JPG
    IMG_0674.JPG
    400.8 KB · Views: 26
Hi,
I just updated my Typhoon H to the latest firmware. The process seemed to go ok, even updated the H itself but as the picture shows there is no TX and RX version numbers just an APK version. (H not connected but shows latest (A) firmware.

All seems to work fine but I am very nervous about flying without the Correct firmware showing. I tried re-flashing the ST16 a number of times with different SD cards and all only had the ST 16 firmware only on the card.

NB: Battery is now at 38% but was fully charged each time I updated. Also I get full telemetry on the ST16 and my H responds to all controller inputs!!

Anyone experienced this potential issue?

What you are seeing is what you should be seeing. My controller shows the exact same values. Others have posted the same as well.

Check out the sticky thread in the H discussion section covering this latest firmware release.

Jeff

P.s. have several flights with no perceived issues since the update.

Last edited:
Reactions: CC Rider
What you are seeing is what you should be seeing. My controller shows the exact same values. Others have posted the same as well.

Check out the sticky thread in the H discussion section covering this latest firmware release.

Jeff

P.s. have several flights with no perceived issues since the update.

Thanks Jeff. Will look up and I felt it must be ok as everything seemed to work.

Tony

Thanks Jeff. Will look up and I felt it must be ok as everything seemed to work.

Tony

ALWAYS better to be safe than sorry. Very good you looked into this before just taking your H up with questions still lingering in your head, and that a good fellow named Jeff came along with the answer that helped you. Only goes to show that there are no stupid questions, so both of you keep it up. Have fun flying, fellows.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
CC Rider is spot on! A good pilot always assesses everything first. If uncomfortable, trust those feelings and find answers first. There is usually a good reason when doubt creeps in. If nothing else, knowing why, however small, increases confidence and proficiency.

Anxious flying is no fun at all. Stop, investigate, and ask questions either of yourself or others before continuing. Your enjoyment, and the well-being of others around you depend on it!

There is a lot to learn with the H. That is part of the challenge and the fun. Always keep learning and expanding the skills. I am looking forward to learning and using everything the H has to offer. When the new and improved models come out (H520, for instance) I want to be ready to take advantage.

Happy flying!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox