Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Post Production Tools

DrP

Reaction score
Ladies and Gents, as most of us "master" the aerial techniques of not meeting trees and respecting gravity, may I expand the discussion to helpful tools for turning our hard-won raw .mp4s (in the 2Gb range) into finished video products of usable size. Many of the shared videos show surprisingly preserved clarity for size-limited files and some very smooth edits. What are your tools of choice for post production?

I convert the CGO3+ original mp4 material into Prores 422 .mov files using Compressor then import into FCPX for editing. This retains maximum quality and keeps a master for use in any editing/compositing program.

Thanks, JCFlippen. I've also noted references to:
  • VSCD Video Editor
  • Power Director
  • Movie Maker (Of course we can't overlook the tool that comes with Windows...surprisingly capable.)
  • Final Cut Pro

Let me ask a related question. For soundtracks, we all know the dangers of using copyrighted music for backgrounds...even when we've purchased the album. Are there any recommended sites that offer public domain or copyright waived instrumental tracks? (I've found one or two, but have been disappointed by the content. My 9-year old with a kazoo can do as well.)

Last edited:
Thanks, JCFlippen. I've also noted references to VSCD Video Editor, Power Director, and (of course) Movie Maker. (We can't overlook the tool that comes with Windows...surprisingly capable.)

Let me ask a related question. For soundtracks, we all know the dangers of using copyrighted music for backgrounds...even when we've purchased the album. Are there any recommended sites that offer public domain or copyright waived instrumental tracks? (I've found one or two, but have been disappointed by the content. My 9-year old with a kazoo can do as well.)

Google is your friend just type in Free Music.

A vast lot of music played as background music on youtube channel is marked as copyright music, but as long as you are not selling it or advertising a business or implying its your music it appears ok, there is also a lot of free music on youtube itself available once you have signed up to a youtube account.

The music Youtube offers for free is just terrible. If you want the same music as everyone else then by all means down load youtube crap.

Reactions: Stitches

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis