Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Post your results of the 11-16-2016 firmware here.

Tell us about your experience with this update.

• I have installed the 11/16/2016 firmware.

Votes: 125 74.4%
  • I used the auto update using the ST16 menu.

Votes: 53 31.5%
  • I have flown following the update and everything seems to work as expected.

Votes: 82 48.8%
  • After updating I have a new problem.

Votes: 43 25.6%
  • The landing seems to have improved with this update.

Votes: 21 12.5%
  • I like the new accelerometer calibration.

Votes: 21 12.5%
  • I have tried the new muti ST16 connection to the camera.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I don't plan to install this update.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • It bricked my H

Votes: 18 10.7%

• Total voters
I don't have the opportunity to fly indoors as much as I can. I will test this theory out when I can. If you can sooner than myself, toggle the OBS switch to the top, GPS off, and see if IPS still comes on. Only way to provide concrete evidence, instead of assuming..
I will probably be flying at the plant tomorrow, so I will give this a check to see if IPS comes on with the OBS switch at full off instead of in the middle.

Reactions: Guest22
well i called yuneec today told them my issues again asked if they could send me firmware to reboot H so i could put 3.0 back in he said just use gui and flash it with 3.0 and thats what your h would be when your done

I had avoided installing the 11/16/2016 firmware but decided to update on Saturday in preparation for a property inspection flight on Sunday for a friend.

I used the OTA update feature on the ST16. I had a few failed attempts at getting the ST16 to check for an update -- it repeatedly informed me that there wasn't any new firmware on the SD card (true, there wasn't even a card in the ST16), and that I should connect to the Internet. However, the first half a dozen times or so I tried the update, it didn't bring up the WiFi network selection dialog, but eventually it worked.

Updating the ST16 was reasonably quick and simple. Yuneec really ought to include a prompt or checkbox that lets you easily delete all FlightMode data so you don't have to do it manually, but I was aware of the requirement, so it was just one extra manual step. After the ST16 was updated, I let it update the TH and camera. Both worked without a hitch, even with a 64GB exFAT-formatted SDXC card in the camera.

After the TH and camera were updated I rebound them to the ST16, re-enabled the RealSense module, and took both the ST16 and TH outside for 25 minutes to allow the GPS receivers to do a cold start and acquire the almanac. The final step was do do the calibrations.

The next morning I went to my friend's house and performed two 15-minute flights using two batteries I had charged the night before. While I watched the proceedings on the ST16, my friend's daughter watched the flight using my SkyView goggles. The flights were uneventful with no control issues or twitchyness. The TH did a good job holding position (even at the confined takeoff and landing spot), and while the video feed stuttered a few times when LOS was lost due to trees and a structure, control was never lost and the TH did not initiate a RTH.

I know there is another firmware update right around the corner and I had put off installing the 11/16/2016 version because of it, but even the currently latest-and-greatest worked without a hitch for me.

Well, this is a bit late for me to report this, since I believe that a new update is now available since yesterday. However, I'll report my findings anyway.

This is about the firmware from Nov 2016.

I installed it a couple of weeks ago but I wasn't able to flight test it until yesterday. All calibrations done and let it sit without the motors on for about 20 minutes.

Take off in Angle mode ok with no noticeable drift. About a minute into the flight I noticed the camera was panning continuously without any input from me. Made sure the switch was flicked up but it was still panning. I landed and re-set the system. Took off again and no problems. Inserted a fresh flight battery and took off again, and had a flawless flight.

I now know that as of yesterday there is a new firmware update to be had, but I'm not going to do it for the moment. Having only just tested the last update yesterday I don't have the appetite to do it all again in a hurry. I will do, but I want to wait a while.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval