Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Post your results of the 11-16-2016 firmware here.

Tell us about your experience with this update.

• I have installed the 11/16/2016 firmware.

Votes: 125 74.4%
  • I used the auto update using the ST16 menu.

Votes: 53 31.5%
  • I have flown following the update and everything seems to work as expected.

Votes: 82 48.8%
  • After updating I have a new problem.

Votes: 43 25.6%
  • The landing seems to have improved with this update.

Votes: 21 12.5%
  • I like the new accelerometer calibration.

Votes: 21 12.5%
  • I have tried the new muti ST16 connection to the camera.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I don't plan to install this update.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • It bricked my H

Votes: 18 10.7%

• Total voters
Did the update today without any issues.

Did all the calibrations and went for a flight.

Immediately got compass errors AGAIN that were fixed with the last firmware.
With no input on the sticks was getting motor surging and twitching and the H was bouncing all over the place.
Was able to get it landed and will try the calibrations over again.

So sad because it was flying great on the last firmware, it just had a little drifting but nothing serious.
I had to do two compass calibrations post firmware install for it to hold that calibration internally and stop giving warnings. I've got zero drifting with latest update.

I installed the latest firmware (UK) all by SD card not using the OTA. Then updated to (A) with the fux fix. All worked well with no problems after doing compass, accelerometer and gimbal routines. Short clip up to vimeo which is not as good as the original. ST 16 was set to sunrise /sunset Auto exposure. gorgeous 1920 x 1080 at 120 fps. Tried centre and spot exposures which work well. Short section of train is slo moed. The H does not like railway lines they cause a bit of jitter. They may be better at normal speed. Even so the pictures are quite acceptable. The mp4 file uploaded was processed at 20m at a constant bit rate. A neutral density filter of 4 was used which I leave on all the time. The landing seemed as before no discernible difference

new firmware installed via OTA on my H. all calibrations done and took flight. all seems well, except for the slight twitching from input on the right stick. i prefer the landing pre-update as I didnt have problems before. the landings now seem to be a little faster and harsher, but its nothing that i cant get used to. my test flight was 400' in altitude and i went out about 2300', the video and telemetry were solid at that range. It seems to give a low voltage alarm earlier around 14.6v or 14.7v, at least i think thats when it alarmed. it caught me off gaurd, my H was still about 1500' out when i got this alarm. got home with some juice left and was able to fly around the yard a bit before landing. also it seemed the St16 and camera linked quicker,.......I just timed the boot up link sequence 48 seconds for the entire process. the St16 and H were powered on at the same time. the St16 was ready at 35sec, and the remainder of the time was the camera link. that seems to be A LOT BETTER.

This is the 3rd update I have done with my H since a got it on October 21, the first update was from the SD card on both the St16 and the H, the other 2 have been the OTA method and havent had a single hiccup. So far I am pleased about my purchase of the Typoon H and have recommended it to several friends. I think Yuneec is doing a great job at rolling out these improvements.

Did the new firmware update (via sd card) on the ST16 and the H. The st16 seems ok but it bricked my h. Uploaded V1.28 via GUI and that went ok. After reverting back to 1.28 I uploaded V3.01 and now it won't let me calibrate anything and keeps doing the "lost GPS" all over again. Getting to my witts end with these updates. Not sure if it was the 3.01 or not.

I am probably in the same scenario as MikeB above. Did the OTA on the ST16, perfect. The H started the upgrade with OTA and downloaded the new firmware, but after getting to 100% on step 1 the ST16 shows a short message about 'problem controlling camera' and the H just will not update. It is not bricked - the H still has the prior 3.0 update. Have tried repeatedly with a formatted card, downloading the firmware for H, clearing the app data on the ST16 and rebinding, and so on. St16 is fine, H has old firmware but just will not install the new.

Will try the GUI reset this weekend if there is not another answer.

Thanks!

1. Download the firmware onto the sd card and put it into the drone. If you downloaded it more than once use the original you downloaded. I was getting the same error and it worked for me
  2. Make sure there's nothing else on the card and it's freshly formatted
  3. Make sure you factory reset the st16 in the pad settings otherwise it will keep trying to do it ota and not from the sd

1. Download the firmware onto the sd card and put it into the drone. If you downloaded it more than once use the original you downloaded. I was getting the same error and it worked for me
  2. Make sure there's nothing else on the card and it's freshly formatted
  3. Make sure you factory reset the st16 in the pad settings otherwise it will keep trying to do it ota and not from the sd
Thanks! Will give a shot tonight.

That can be rescued with the Windows GUI. Get a copy of the 1.28 (?) FC software and install it directly on the H to get it to recover. You can download the file from the firmware archive (check the post on this forum). Then with the H unplugged and with no battery, start the windows GUI. Start the firmware updater in the GUI and load the FC software you downloaded. Then, plug the H into the PC and it will install the firmware. Once it's done, unplug everything, put in the battery and your H should start up again.

no it cant, does not work, gui crashes soon as you run any firmware.

No, that does no t work at all,
I get this message in the GUI update screen

File Information:
Type:TyphoonHFC
Version:V1.28
Date:24-9-2016
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: PortName

Tried every combination of USB and COM1
Tried 3 different leads
Useless.

This drone (groan) has never even had the props on it......

Really displeased...

No, that does no t work at all,
I get this message in the GUI update screen

File Information:
Type:TyphoonHFC
Version:V1.28
Date:24-9-2016
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: PortName

Tried every combination of USB and COM1
Tried 3 different leads
Useless.

This drone (groan) has never even had the props on it......

Really displeased...

Cannot even get the bloody thing back in the bag because the camera will not move.... really.....

Cannot even get the bloody thing back in the bag because the camera will not move.... really.....

In the Gui go to the top menu, click Edit -> Connect Ways and try clicking 'Serial port'. It sounds like your PC needs a kick too :)

The camera should move completely freely when there is no power - are you sure you have a Typhoon? :D

The only time I've used the GUI for firmware was post 3.0 update first attempt. The ota timed out during update and put me in nothing works state. I got a hold of Yuneec and they sent me a firmware package that used the GUI to load. I had to open th GUI and using the tools menu load the fixer firmware first then as soon as I plugged the com cable between the TH and the PC it immediately started the firmware upload. My ST16 was already updated successfully ( as you do that first) so I went ahead and finished the auto pilot, the gimbal, and camera with a SD card old school.
Here is what's important about this story. I too thought it would never work as the GUI was not responding before this as I had tried to revive onmy own by opening the GUI and connecting but no com ports seen etc...
Once I had that firmware in the proper spot on the GUI with that window open it went in as soon as the cable connected. I got the firmware with the instructions from Yuneec customer service USA. I'd be calling then Monday and asking for what firmware fix you need to perform this revival technique.

Big problem with the compass.. first flight ok,at the second, (changing battery,if land and re arming not appear) compass alert appear,remake calibration,re start, and alert calibration appear.. this systematic problem and not a random.. very bad.... :( (sorry for my english)

HI Craig, yes definately a Typhoon Pro RS (6 props) :)

I borrowed a windows laptop and got the firmware flashed, hooray you may think, nope.

I reinstalled the ST16 update set the correct model and camera and erased the flight data.

I then downloaded from Yuneec the Typhoon software B.27, popped the brand new class '10' 64Gb card into the camera and did the update that way.

So ST16 on, typhoon selected, correct cam selected, flight data cleared.

Turn on the typhoon, tip it forward to 'bind' and light goes yellow, typhoon shows but no sign of camera in the bind list!
After changing camera selection back and forth a few times finally the correct camera appeared in the bind list.
Tapped both and entered password 1234567890.
Bind went ok, said succesful (but we all know it lies).
Then I did a gimbal callibration as the camera was just spinning around, after the calibration it was stable. However I could not move it from the ST16!
I rechecked the bind list and it said camera disconnected so I did a rebind of the camera which constantly fails and the camera looks at the floor.

I also noticed in the hardware monitor that both the sliders on the back of the ST16 do not appear to work and the pan knob shows as fully clockwise despite being centered. If I move the pan knob nothing happens.

I did get it to start a moment ago but only one motor came on and it all went mad saying 'load five prop model land immediately'.

The things a dog I reckon and I really just want it replacing. Having worked on electronics for years I know that once this sort of c_ _p starts it never completely goes away.

Any ideas?

Also never stops bloody beeping all the time, really annoying.

HI Craig, yes definately a Typhoon Pro RS (6 props) :)

I borrowed a windows laptop and got the firmware flashed, hooray you may think, nope.

I reinstalled the ST16 update set the correct model and camera and erased the flight data.

I then downloaded from Yuneec the Typhoon software B.27, popped the brand new class '10' 64Gb card into the camera and did the update that way.

So ST16 on, typhoon selected, correct cam selected, flight data cleared.

Turn on the typhoon, tip it forward to 'bind' and light goes yellow, typhoon shows but no sign of camera in the bind list!
After changing camera selection back and forth a few times finally the correct camera appeared in the bind list.
Tapped both and entered password 1234567890.
Bind went ok, said succesful (but we all know it lies).
Then I did a gimbal callibration as the camera was just spinning around, after the calibration it was stable. However I could not move it from the ST16!
I rechecked the bind list and it said camera disconnected so I did a rebind of the camera which constantly fails and the camera looks at the floor.

I also noticed in the hardware monitor that both the sliders on the back of the ST16 do not appear to work and the pan knob shows as fully clockwise despite being centered. If I move the pan knob nothing happens.

I did get it to start a moment ago but only one motor came on and it all went mad saying 'load five prop model land immediately'.

The things a dog I reckon and I really just want it replacing. Having worked on electronics for years I know that once this sort of c_ _p starts it never completely goes away.

Any ideas?

Also never stops bloody beeping all the time, really annoying.
Did you hit refresh in the about controller to see the camera for binding? That needs to happen. On this forum you will find ST16 recalibration instructions and videos are out there as well to get your switches behaving.

Did you hit refresh in the about controller to see the camera for binding? That needs to happen. On this forum you will find ST16 recalibration instructions and videos are out there as well to get your switches behaving.
Hi Craig, yes refreshed many times. Interestingly the time it did bind for a moment or so it still showed another identical camera in the list for binding!

The main issue here is that the Drone is brand new, I did not pay a small fortune for an electronics hobby kit. After a few flights I expect testing, tuning, calibrating and maybe even repairs and replacements. But not brand new out of the box!.
I dont have this much time, nearly 14 hours now, to sort it without trying to find more videos on something (ST16) else that should have been working out of the box.

I am going to the UK Drone show on Dec 3rd so if I get no joy I will take it up and plonk it on their desk for a replacement. I don't think thats unreasonable.

Dont mean to sound short or rude but I am as you might guess a little peeved...

Anyhow its all in a heap in the corner for now, it would make an interesting door stop I suppose ;-)

If you know links to ST16 cal vids I will try them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430