Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Post your results of the 11-16-2016 firmware here.

Tell us about your experience with this update.

• I have installed the 11/16/2016 firmware.

Votes: 125 74.4%
  • I used the auto update using the ST16 menu.

Votes: 53 31.5%
  • I have flown following the update and everything seems to work as expected.

Votes: 82 48.8%
  • After updating I have a new problem.

Votes: 43 25.6%
  • The landing seems to have improved with this update.

Votes: 21 12.5%
  • I like the new accelerometer calibration.

Votes: 21 12.5%
  • I have tried the new muti ST16 connection to the camera.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I don't plan to install this update.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • It bricked my H

Votes: 18 10.7%

• Total voters
Batts are fine and fully charged
That's not what I asked You said earlier camera was also stuck but that can't happen without the H being on. When mine bricked, the only way to shut off was to remove battery. When you turned it on, it'd do a white light and no intialization and then not be able to shut off via power button. That's what the GUI installed firmware fixed. The odd part was during all this the camera was connecting to the ST 16 no problem. I feel your anxiety.
You did select the CGO3plus as the camera yes? If the camera has wifi connection (solid blue light on camera), when you hit refresh in about controller it should pop up the correct camera during binding. If not, I'd be checking to make sure the gimbal connection is making solid contact to the mounting shoe under the H.
Another trick is to see if you can connect to the camera when on using the CGO3 app from your phone. If that does not work then you have camera wifi issues.

Hi Craig, your first paragraph has been addressed as firmware has been reflashed in H.
I selected cgo3 pro as I have the pro typhoon RS. and it worked when I first bound it under update B.25 before the update.
I have had the gimbal off and made sure connections are clean, all seems ok.
Where do you get the app from, cannot find anything for android! Would like to try that.

What are your thoughts on all the **** beeping, endless beeping....

Hi Craig, your first paragraph has been addressed as firmware has been reflashed in H.
I selected cgo3 pro as I have the pro typhoon RS. and it worked when I first bound it under update B.25 before the update.
I have had the gimbal off and made sure connections are clean, all seems ok.
Where do you get the app from, cannot find anything for android! Would like to try that.

What are your thoughts on all the **** beeping, endless beeping....
I got the app for my iPhone (there is an apk as well) and did it that way. I searched CGO in google play I believe.

Had to do the upgrades to enable my new real sense add on unit. Did just the ST16 with an SD then the rest with Wifi. No issues just the usual rebinding needed. Weather is to crappy to fly have not flown it yet.

Do I download the firmware just for the st16 on my SD card or do I include the H firmware too.

Do I download the firmware just for the st16 on my SD card or do I include the H firmware too.
For the ST16 it has to be just the ST16 software on an empty freshly formatted SD. Then you can do the rest with WiFi

Only do one at a time. The best bet is to use a clean SD card with nothing on it. I keep a hi speed card for firmware only in my rig and don't use the same one I shoot onto. If there are any other folders on the card the ST 16 won't see it. Just copy the downloaded file to your empty SD card, insert into your turned off ST 16, turn on 16 (no h needed to be on for this step), go to about controller and hit the update button for the 16. It should go just fine.
You need to erase the unzipped data on that card to either load the remaining camer,gimbal, and auto pilot (RS if you have it also) from the download or put it in the camera empty to use the auto update path. I had a bad experience there with a time out so I'm going to use SD card most of the time plus I can keep folders on my laptop of the firmware installs for future reference or backwards compatibility.

It's the erasing of flight data that was part of v3.0 video tutorial that was a step I had not done before and it's important. That means rebinding to the H.before you install the camera,gimbal, and autopilot firmware. It's time consuming and can be confusing and not unlike the early days of maintaining your PC and I've learned to set time aside to get it right. There is some dark code hiding in there between configuring radios and androids to work together. Now if someone would add a way for me to put my name in as the pilot without having to crack the android OS (like the recent antenna icons addition) I'd be stoked. I'm hoping that's an option later in the other settings menu on a future firmware release.

Got my H unbricked via FC V1.28 and on V3.01, did all the calibrations and now I have the GPS warning again. Got rid of it a couple updates ago but now it's back. When I check the GPS in the GUI there's no problem. Maybe do compass cal a few more times and see what happens.

The GUI just shows available satellites and does not mean you have enough for a lock. If you watch it you can see the signals come and go. Was it cloudy out? If your compass is out you will get the yellow light plus warnings at the ST

Reactions: MikeB
You get GPS warning if the number of satellites drops by a certain amount, I think. So in places where reception comes and goes (like indoors), you'll get regular warnings.

The GUI just shows available satellites and does not mean you have enough for a lock. If you watch it you can see the signals come and go. Was it cloudy out? If your compass is out you will get the yellow light plus warnings at the ST
Craig I had 13 sats on the H and 10 on the 16. The sky was clear and sats looked pretty stable. Just keep getting the " Fly in manual mode " warning.

I'd call YUNEEC. They have been replacing GPS modules left and right. It sucks to send it in but it's worth letting them replace the bad module. I have a feeling that they will issue an RMA once you tell them what's going on. That is highly suspect.

I'd call YUNEEC. They have been replacing GPS modules left and right. It sucks to send it in but it's worth letting them replace the bad module. I have a feeling that they will issue an RMA once you tell them what's going on. That is highly suspect.
Craig I talked to Yuneec USA the the other day about my h bricking and they emailed me the FC 1.28 and directions, also told me I was out of warranty and I would have to pay if I had to send it in. I will call them back about the GPS module and see what they will do.

Craig I talked to Yuneec USA the the other day about my h bricking and they emailed me the FC 1.28 and directions, also told me I was out of warranty and I would have to pay if I had to send it in. I will call them back about the GPS module and see what they will do.
If you are out of warranty I'd be opening it up and inspecting the module. Someone's parting out an H here and maybe they'd sell you the module? It's one of the reasons I was a Blade guy for quite a few years as I could get parts locally and the more I crashed and rebuilt the more I learned. I've got a 350 set up with a GPS module from the Chroma and thing locks in like 10 seconds. I'm assuming the big square top is where it hides so it's got to be an easy repair. Is there a video out there on this? I'd buy a spare!!

Craig I will give that a try if Yuneec won't help. I think I can buy the top cover with GPS kit for $70.00 from Carolina Dronz. I might have to go that route.

Craig I will give that a try if Yuneec won't help. I think I can buy the top cover with GPS kit for $70.00 from Carolina Dronz. I might have to go that route.
That's probably the way to go and much quicker assuming in stock. I just discoverd those guys when I bought the hi voltage charging cable for my HiTec. I have a sneaky suspicion that there is a batch of bad modules they know were shipped and the problems actually got worse for some with attempted firmware patches. It seems directly related to early runs where the wizard was included. Once I read my serial number to the repair tech they without hesitation said I most likely had a bad module and send it in. My guess is they bet on that the percentage of defects fell within acceptable range to create this case by case response rather than a full recall and risk the publicity and backlash. It's the old better to beg forgiveness then ask for permission gambit. An inexperience operator could crash and have no idea why and blame themselves and give up their "enthusiasm" for the drone game and be one less warranty claim. Fortunately, this forum has a lot of experienced pilots here who really get it and I believe we are all helping hold them accountable so I'd be pointing them to some of these threads.

That's probably the way to go and much quicker assuming in stock. I just discoverd those guys when I bought the hi voltage charging cable for my HiTec. I have a sneaky suspicion that there is a batch of bad modules they know were shipped and the problems actually got worse for some with attempted firmware patches. It seems directly related to early runs where the wizard was included. Once I read my serial number to the repair tech they without hesitation said I most likely had a bad module and send it in. My guess is they bet on that the percentage of defects fell within acceptable range to create this case by case response rather than a full recall and risk the publicity and backlash. It's the old better to beg forgiveness then ask for permission gambit. An inexperience operator could crash and have no idea why and blame themselves and give up their "enthusiasm" for the drone game and be one less warranty claim. Fortunately, this forum has a lot of experienced pilots here who really get it and I believe we are all helping hold them accountable so I'd be pointing them to some of these threads.
Thanks for all your help Craig.

Following up on my issue of the upgrade : resolved.
Recap : St16 OTA was perfect, but OTA failed on the H. When I retired the upgrade for the H by using the Upgrade button on the H portion of the upgrade tab it continually failed. This was after clearing app data, formatting the sd card, downloading and copying the .bin file to the sd, trying with sd card with nothing on it, petting my cat, having dinner, waiting for a day, and all combinations of above.

I believe my initial failure was due to still having the prior upgrade files on the SD card on the H.

My ST16 has the latest software on it.
1) I removed the OTA file on the ST16 in the /yuneec folder. You can do this by using the file manager app in the ST16. Navigate to the /yuneec folder and delete the file in it. It will be the actually downloaded file.
2) Insert SD card with all files removed or formatted into the H and power on the H.
2a) make sure the H is bound and functional. I showed the 5.8 and 2.4 connection icons on the ST16.
3) Go to the About tab and select Upgrade for the ST16 - not the H!
4) It will ask for wifi - allow it to connect.
5) It should come back saying 'already have the latest version', then
6) it should automatically try to connect to the camera : 'Connecting to camera' or such will be stated.
7) it should start downloading the new update for the camera automatically, and proceed with the entire upgrade cycle for the gimbal then the camera.
8) Volia! Success : I don't need to pet the cat anymore!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval