Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Post your results of the 11-16-2016 firmware here.

Tell us about your experience with this update.

• I have installed the 11/16/2016 firmware.

Votes: 125 74.4%
  • I used the auto update using the ST16 menu.

Votes: 53 31.5%
  • I have flown following the update and everything seems to work as expected.

Votes: 82 48.8%
  • After updating I have a new problem.

Votes: 43 25.6%
  • The landing seems to have improved with this update.

Votes: 21 12.5%
  • I like the new accelerometer calibration.

Votes: 21 12.5%
  • I have tried the new muti ST16 connection to the camera.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I don't plan to install this update.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • It bricked my H

Votes: 18 10.7%

• Total voters
CraigCam, I tried that before, but didn't work. Yuneec had me try that also, but to no avail. Strange that I would get readings from the H but wouldn't bind! Go figure.

Tried to Rebind the Aircraft and Camera. It took a couple of reboots on the aircraft, but finally went into BIND Mode!

Refreshed it, came up with the Receiver and Camera. Clicked the BIND button and it said it took.

However, the Calibration buttons still don't work!

Any Ideas?

OK, got it all fixed. The Culprit was the ST16 Transmitter. You have to go into the PAD section and find the Typhoon H in the Apps section. Then Clear the Data files out!

Once you do this, everything works fine.

Would be so nice if Yuneec would publish this information someplace! ARE YOU LISTENING YUNEEC?

OK, got it all fixed. The Culprit was the ST16 Transmitter. You have to go into the PAD section and find the Typhoon H in the Apps section. Then Clear the Data files out!

Would be so nice if Yuneec would publish this information someplace! ARE YOU LISTENING YUNEEC?

It's in the 3.0 tutorial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Ward Paterson

It's in the tutorial video, also mentioned by Captain Drone and has been repeated in the Firmware thread a number of times :)

There's a video to show you everything... Not a lot more they can do to be fair!

To be honest it was an easy update. Once the st16 was updated and the files deleted it was a no brainer to update the Typhoon H. I took it out for a flight and it performed like it should have from the beginning. Hoping they are getting it straightened out so these forums can be about what a pleasure it is to fly instead of what the **** is wrong with it now. I installed the Realsense module before I updated and it works as advertised. The only issue I have with it would be cutting down on the TH's speed because the module cannot scan any faster in order to construct the virtual map of its surroundings. Everything for me has come together so now I can go out and enjoy the flying.
I enjoy the threads and have learned a few things that help keep the props on the top. Thanks

Après les mises à jour, les moteurs ne s'allument pas
Le bouton d'allumage Start ne fonctionne pas

After the updates, the motors do not light. The start button does not work

Last edited by a moderator:

@daniel
Quelle de firmware version tu avais avant ?
Depuis la version 2.25 du firmware, il y a le Geofence qui se mets en route, on appelle cela la Noflyzone.
Il se peut que tu tentes de démarrer les moteurs alors que tu te trouve dans la Noflyzone.
Quel est l'état du voyant principal, de quelles couleurs .

Witch firmware version you have before.
Since v2.25, Geofence (NFZ) is up to date and if you are in the No flyZone, you will not able to start engines.
Witch color about your Led ?

Why has Yuneec with the new firmware, set max height to 119 m?

Hi
You must download GUI software on Yuneec website to modify this parameter.
119 Meter is the limit of hight specify on Law in many country. You ca modify it with Yunnec GUI but at your own risk.with the authority Staff.

Why has Yuneec with the new firmware, set max height to 119 m?
There is two reasons.
1) Above 150m there is airplanes.
2) On high altitude there is no guarantee you are able to land before your battery runs out after battery warning. YTH maximum descent speed is 3m/s.

Your ST16 is not connected to your Typhoon H. Watch the install video and make sure you "BIND" the Typhoon H & Camera to the ST16.

There is two reasons.
1) Above 150m there is airplanes.
2) On high altitude there is no guarantee you are able to land before your battery runs out after battery warning. YTH maximum descent speed is 3m/s.
Hi Sami

Below 150 metres there are also light aircraft, only today I was testing the new update and I'd just landed to change my battery when I heard a light aircraft near by so I held back on takeoff until I saw it and it flew at around 300ft and about 100 mt away in the area I was flying.
You may also be below the 150m agl but could be much higher in msl and in restricted air space as an area of forest here the ground level is 700ft and is in 700- 2000ft controlled air

Hi Sami

Below 150 metres there are also light aircraft, only today I was testing the new update and I'd just landed to change my battery when I heard a light aircraft near by so I held back on takeoff until I saw it and it flew at around 300ft and about 100 mt away in the area I was flying.
You may also be below the 150m agl but could be much higher in msl and in restricted air space as an area of forest here the ground level is 700ft and is in 700- 2000ft controlled air
I was flying on a windy day by the sea last month and didn't hear a microlight approaching from behind. I only saw it when it had passed me about 150m to seaward. I guess his altitude was about 20m. I tried to get him on video, but he was away too fast. At the time, my Typhoon was at 10m and about 50m in front of me. Gave me a bit of a shock.:eek:

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. How I wish I had not updated to the new firmware!

Until today, the only problem I have had with my TH was a loss of video signal on occasions (not really a problem), and on one very hairy occasion a couple of months ago the machine did not want to land. It must have been a 'blip' because it never did that again afterwards.

I had a couple of 'firsts' today, neither of which I wanted. Firstly, as soon as I took off, the machine went into a toilet bowl cycle, and secondly, on landing it tipped over (twice!) stalling the motors when the props hit the ground. Luckily, the ground was very soft because of all the rain we have had this week, so I did not break the props when they buried themselves in the ground. It also continully drifted to the right so fast that only full left sticks lowed it enough to get it down on the ground. Every stick input caused a violent movement although I was still on tortoise setting in angle mode. Although it is not bricked like some people seem to get, it is completly unflyable at the moment.

Before anyone asks, yes I followed all the instructions in the video including deleting the data files (but I did update the camera by SD card rather than do it over the wifi), and I calibrated the compass and accelerometer at the flying field I regularly fly on with no problems before. I followed and ticked off my usual preflight list before starting up the motors and waited several minutes to ensure the GPS was locked properly. My phone was off, and there were no metal influences anywhere near the TH.

I had three very short flights, recalibrating the compass and accelerometer each time after landing (or softly crashing!) and on the third time I decided enough was enough as my machine was still in one piece and I wanted to keep it that way. At present I am discharging my batteries to storage levels until I decide what to do to sort the problem out. :(

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. How I wish I had not updated to the new firmware!

Until today, the only problem I have had with my TH was a loss of video signal on occasions (not really a problem), and on one very hairy occasion a couple of months ago the machine did not want to land. It must have been a 'blip' because it never did that again afterwards.

I had a couple of 'firsts' today, neither of which I wanted. Firstly, as soon as I took off, the machine went into a toilet bowl cycle, and secondly, on landing it tipped over (twice!) stalling the motors when the props hit the ground. Luckily, the ground was very soft because of all the rain we have had this week, so I did not break the props when they buried themselves in the ground. It also continully drifted to the right so fast that only full left sticks lowed it enough to get it down on the ground. Every stick input caused a violent movement although I was still on tortoise setting in angle mode. Although it is not bricked like some people seem to get, it is completly unflyable at the moment.

Before anyone asks, yes I followed all the instructions in the video including deleting the data files (but I did update the camera by SD card rather than do it over the wifi), and I calibrated the compass and accelerometer at the flying field I regularly fly on with no problems before. I followed and ticked off my usual preflight list before starting up the motors and waited several minutes to ensure the GPS was locked properly. My phone was off, and there were no metal influences anywhere near the TH.

I had three very short flights, recalibrating the compass and accelerometer each time after landing (or softly crashing!) and on the third time I decided enough was enough as my machine was still in one piece and I wanted to keep it that way. At present I am discharging my batteries to storage levels until I decide what to do to sort the problem out. :(

My experience exactly with the latest firmware.

I tried to calibrate three times and three flights, was lucky to get it down in one piece.

Threw it in the closet till I decide what to do with it.

Have performed the upgrade and all went smoothly both on the TH and ST16. I cannot however not get it to initiate a compass or accelormeter calibration and the GUI will not connect

I haven't check this thread in awhile and now I see I'm not the only one with an H that flipped over with the latest upgrade. It almost flipped backwards once, then on another landing it almost flipped forward, and the next landing it flipped forward breaking props and cracking the body near by the battery box. Acted like the skids/LG were hinged.

And that was only 1 of 3 new problems....

I talked with Yuneec CS after it happened and its on its way back to Ontario CA. I told them the data was inconclusive.

My experience exactly with the latest firmware.

I tried to calibrate three times and three flights, was lucky to get it down in one piece.

Threw it in the closet till I decide what to do with it.

Yep, I have these problems from firmware 2.25. in addition after I installed FW 3.01 couple more things started. When hovering , on the video feed I saw slow movement to the left. So I thought that this is because copter is moving left. But yesterday evening I was reading one guy saying on the Facebook that his H suffers from same bug but he said that this Pan control is doing this. So I tested and it seems that this knob while in center actually is not in center. When turning knob from the left to the center , it will not beep when in center. I need to make slight right movement and then beeps that it is centered. When going from the right to the center it is fine. Because this was not previously problem it seems new firmware did this too.

Nevertheless, major problem was couple of days ago when I went for a flight and after I was on about 20 m altitude I realized that this is the bugs flight, started toilet bowl, this camera turning to the left, twitching very hard on every stick move. So I immediately wanted to bring it back..but guess what, no matter I was moving left stick down, copter was not going anywhere, just hovering. Oh man, now what I thought. Tried several times, nothing ! it wanted to go up and elswhere but not down. So I thought I should switch off GPS. And I did, and was finally able to move copter where I want.

But these problem are random. I mean, one flight with full of these bugs, and another one no bugs at all. So how could this happen? It should either works, or don't, weird.

And that has been one of my other biggest issues, is this inconsistency even between flights, not just upgrades. Some may say/ask; Are you flying in a different location, is there Wifi interference, what was the Kp Index, etc...

For me I check weather conditions including Kp Index, I test new firmware upgrades at my "testing grounds" on the Front Range where there is not a building in sight and cell coverage is spotty at best, nothing but open range... And after the 3.0 upgrade I've started bringing one of my other drones, a P4, with me as "sanity" check. If I notice issues with the H, I'll take my P4 up afterwards and see I'm seeing the same type of behavior. Cause if its external forces like Kp index, some anomalous signal then it should also affect the P4. But it hasn't been the case. The H is acting up on its own.

Anyways, inconsistency between flights is what I don't understand. Even when it came back from Yuneec for the GPS module fix, I took it up 300' and did a 360 degree video just rotating the camera very slowly, when the camera came back to center the H started to Toilet bowl. You can even see it moving in the video. Stick movements did stop the TB. Looking at the data afterwards showed on anomalies or anything out of the ordinary, just that it moved location, slightly. It didn't happen again.

Then with this 3.01, I took it out on a quick check out flight after a "troubled" upgrade and other than a drift to the left, it seemed fine. The next day doing a full check out upon the very first take-off, the ST16 shook and there was a message about GPS Lost, put in Angle Mode, return home and do a CC. Thing is I WAS in Angle Mode. I landed it and re-did the CC. Didn't see the issue after that and the drift was much less noticeable... Then came the crash...

I truly believe some of these H's have a faulty board/chip somewhere thats not "failed" but is not handling code instructions correctly...

Yep, I have these problems from firmware 2.25. in addition after I installed FW 3.01 couple more things started. When hovering , on the video feed I saw slow movement to the left. So I thought that this is because copter is moving left. But yesterday evening I was reading one guy saying on the Facebook that his H suffers from same bug but he said that this Pan control is doing this. So I tested and it seems that this knob while in center actually is not in center. When turning knob from the left to the center , it will not beep when in center. I need to make slight right movement and then beeps that it is centered. When going from the right to the center it is fine. Because this was not previously problem it seems new firmware did this too.

Nevertheless, major problem was couple of days ago when I went for a flight and after I was on about 20 m altitude I realized that this is the bugs flight, started toilet bowl, this camera turning to the left, twitching very hard on every stick move. So I immediately wanted to bring it back..but guess what, no matter I was moving left stick down, copter was not going anywhere, just hovering. Oh man, now what I thought. Tried several times, nothing ! it wanted to go up and elswhere but not down. So I thought I should switch off GPS. And I did, and was finally able to move copter where I want.

But these problem are random. I mean, one flight with full of these bugs, and another one no bugs at all. So how could this happen? It should either works, or don't, weird.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval