Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Post your results of the 11-16-2016 firmware here.

Tell us about your experience with this update.

• I have installed the 11/16/2016 firmware.

Votes: 125 74.4%
  • I used the auto update using the ST16 menu.

Votes: 53 31.5%
  • I have flown following the update and everything seems to work as expected.

Votes: 82 48.8%
  • After updating I have a new problem.

Votes: 43 25.6%
  • The landing seems to have improved with this update.

Votes: 21 12.5%
  • I like the new accelerometer calibration.

Votes: 21 12.5%
  • I have tried the new muti ST16 connection to the camera.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I don't plan to install this update.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • It bricked my H

Votes: 18 10.7%

• Total voters
I decided to update to this version from 3.0 as I was still having landing problems and the flights were very twitchy.
ST 16 updated ok (I followed the video exactly) but now the H won't go into bind mode. Any suggestions or is it bricked?

Did you re-select the model after you erased old flight data?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: GlideAL
Hello All...
Just posting my results and one question
Reluctantly updated My H this Friday..
Everything on my Firmware V3.b22 worked great, but wanted some of the new features..
Following Capt Drones latest Video everything went smoothly and I updated the St16 and the H to the latest and greatest.
(Thanks CD !)
I used his method of placing the updates on the SD card for updating the ST 16 and the H
and with a few glitches was able to do everything in about 30 minutes.

One of the glitches was during the compass calibration the gimbal and camera started twitching and vibrating so I took the camera and gimbal off and did the compass calibration twice, also facing North just to cover all bases, just to be sure,,,
All went well, put the camera back on the Typhoon, then went inside for the Accelerometer and Gimbal Calibration.
First I had problems with the camera off set to the right and facing up to the ceiling....
Calibrated the camera twice and then found out I had to turn everything off, then back on and everything returned to normal.....

Took the H out to a local open field and turned everything on. took off and hoovered for a couple of minutes to check things out.
Hoovered steady and then did some close flying.(within 300 feet of me and 5- ft high)..no problems !
Second glitch was I forgot to set the setting from metric to imperial so I landed and reset to imperial.
Inserted new battery and got brave and flew 15 minutes at greater distances and heights, no problems...

Went out today and and tried a higher flight and could not go higher than 390 ft......
Flew around for awhile and brought it inside and set up the GUI to set a higher height..
Tried it three times and still can not get it about 390 ft...

My last version flew at 400.6 feet all the time with no problems and I reset it on some occasions to fly at 550 ft with no problems...

This is my only problem after 5 flight, all locally to check things out.

Did Yuneec set thing in the GUI to prohibit higher flights?
How can I reset to higher flights ?
(No lectures please as I am a big boy and now the rules!)

Thanks !

Did you re-select the model after you erased old flight data?

Yes. However, after turning it off and on a few times it seems to be working now. FC, camera and gimbal updated successfully as well. Hopefully it will fly better than the previous version which was pretty bad.....

One of the glitches was during the compass calibration the gimbal and camera started twitching and vibrating so I took the camera and gimbal off and did the compass calibration twice, also facing North just to cover all bases, just to be sure,,,
All went well, put the camera back on the Typhoon, then went inside for the Accelerometer and Gimbal Calibration.
First I had problems with the camera off set to the right and facing up to the ceiling....
Thanks !

I'm of the belief you should calibrate the compass with the gimbal on to take into account the magnetic fields from the metal and magnets in the camera/gimbal.

I'm of the belief you should calibrate the compass with the gimbal on to take into account the magnetic fields from the metal and magnets in the camera/gimbal.

Vegasrobbi...I have always done so in the past, but I never saw the camera twitch so much before....
Later today I'll go out and redo the CC and see if it reacts the same way
Thanks for the reply !

If the H is sensitive to the gimbal motors then it'd never behave. They are two independent systems. Gimbals don't like being upside down ever and you can damage its ability to stay calibrated. Phantoms require pointing down and spinning yourself around and puts less stress on the gimbal motors. Horizon and Blade have been using YUNEEC technology for awhile so they have similar compass calibrations with the whole flipping around bit. More than once I've almost dropped the **** thing doing the flipping with an arm coming unlocked because of clumsy hand placement. I've always been happy the camera was off.
If everything is behaving properly you should not have to constantly do compass if you stay within 100 miles of your calibration site. Leaving your TH sitting next to magnetic things like your subwoofer in your trunk could I believe potentially polarize the compass declination magnetics permanently but not the gimbal motors magnetic field so that's why I doubt they change compass behavior during or post calibration.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Latest firmware is V3.01 and V3.01.b27

maybe u can helpe me after i did the last update i have a problem with the compass.
I fly the drone and after awhile he flew in a circle like i dont make colbresen....... do u know what is the problem.....

Hello All...
Just posting my results and one question
Reluctantly updated My H this Friday..
Everything on my Firmware V3.b22 worked great, but wanted some of the new features..
Following Capt Drones latest Video everything went smoothly and I updated the St16 and the H to the latest and greatest.
(Thanks CD !)
I used his method of placing the updates on the SD card for updating the ST 16 and the H
and with a few glitches was able to do everything in about 30 minutes.

Calibrated the camera twice and then found out I had to turn everything off, then back on and everything returned to normal.....

Took the H out to a local open field and turned everything on. took off and hoovered for a couple of minutes to check things out.
Hoovered steady and then did some close flying.(within 300 feet of me and 5- ft high)..no problems !
Second glitch was I forgot to set the setting from metric to imperial so I landed and reset to imperial.
Inserted new battery and got brave and flew 15 minutes at greater distances and heights, no problems...

Went out today and and tried a higher flight and could not go higher than 390 ft......
Flew around for awhile and brought it inside and set up the GUI to set a higher height..
Tried it three times and still can not get it about 390 ft...

My last version flew at 400.6 feet all the time with no problems and I reset it on some occasions to fly at 550 ft with no problems...

This is my only problem after 5 flight, all locally to check things out.

Did Yuneec set thing in the GUI to prohibit higher flights?
How can I reset to higher flights ?
(No lectures please as I am a big boy and now the rules!)

Thanks !

I'm stuck at 390 as well.

maybe u can helpe me after i did the last update i have a problem with the compass.
I fly the drone and after awhile he flew in a circle like i dont make colbresen....... do u know what is the problem.....
Try to do the calibrations again. Compass and accelerometer.

If the H is sensitive to the gimbal motors then it'd never behave. They are two independent systems. Gimbals don't like being upside down ever and you can damage its ability to stay calibrated. Phantoms require pointing down and spinning yourself around and puts less stress on the gimbal motors. Horizon and Blade have been using YUNEEC technology for awhile so they have similar compass calibrations with the whole flipping around bit. More than once I've almost dropped the **** thing doing the flipping with an arm coming unlocked because of clumsy hand placement. I've always been happy the camera was off.
If everything is behaving properly you should not have to constantly do compass if you stay within 100 miles of your calibration site. Leaving your TH sitting next to magnetic things like your subwoofer in your trunk could I believe potentially polarize the compass declination magnetics permanently but not the gimbal motors magnetic field so that's why I doubt they change compass behavior during or post calibration.

You may or may not be right. I actually subscribed to the don't calibrate theory until I experienced drift. I now calibrate after every update, knock on wood no gimbal damage so far but it does seem like a thrash. I am careful to rotate the H smoothly for minimal abuse to the gimbal.

Logic dictates strong magnets near the compass will affect it. I don't think the effect is discrete - good or bad; rather, they may simply reduce the accuracy of the compass by sone small amount which is still acceptable.

Would be nice to hear Yuneecs take but their vids still show the gimbal installed during calibration.

You may or may not be right. I actually subscribed to the don't calibrate theory until I experienced drift. I now calibrate after every update, knock on wood no gimbal damage so far but it does seem like a thrash. I am careful to rotate the H smoothly for minimal abuse to the gimbal.

Logic dictates strong magnets near the compass will affect it. I don't think the effect is discrete - good or bad; rather, they may simply reduce the accuracy of the compass by sone small amount which is still acceptable.

Would be nice to hear Yuneecs take but their vids still show the gimbal installed during calibration.

And they have lots of THs and gimbals to break....and of course you need to recalibrate after an update because you are basically starting over with a new ship.

Just curious........are you flying in Angle Mode?

I fly in angle mode only....
have re-calibrated the compass and still can not go over 390'
I also change the altitude in the GUi twice per instructions with no gain in altitude..
When i connect the H to the GUI it shows the altitude change at 152 Meters but actual flying I can not go above 390'

Am I missing a change in the new Firmware on the ST16??/

I fly in angle mode only....
have re-calibrated the compass and still can not go over 390'
I also change the altitude in the GUi twice per instructions with no gain in altitude..
When i connect the H to the GUI it shows the altitude change at 152 Meters but actual flying I can not go above 390'

Am I missing a change in the new Firmware on the ST16??/
I think someone in this thread pointed out that this is a bug in the latest FW update. Not sure though whether the TH FW or the ST16 is restricting the altitude. But yes i've tried it 3 times expecting different result (Don Quixote style).

I understand your belief, but Yuneec has (officially) told us that whether the gimbal/camera is on or off, the compass calibration is not affected.
Some owners have damaged the gimbal while performing the compass calibration.

I understand your belief, but Yuneec has (officially) told us that whether the gimbal/camera is on or off, the compass calibration is not affected.
Some owners have damaged the gimbal while performing the compass calibration.

Okay thanks, I missed that official announcement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech