Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Posting and behavior

Steve Carr

Missed Approach
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
The post by Bullseyeman regarding his loss of a bird in the ocean has been removed.

I have mentioned this before and will say again. If you make a post outlining some disaster that was caused by a malfunction and not pilot error, then you have an obligation to the members in this forum to read and respond to questions in a timely manner. If you post and then go away, so will the post.

If a moderator asks a question and you continue to reply with smart a** answers and make suggestions as to how the forum should be run then you need to find a different playground. We take equipment malfunctions very seriously and we all have an interest in finding accurate answers. We aren't interested in your opinion, we are interested in facts. (We meaning the members here.)

Thanks for helping to keep things on track in here Steve. This is one of the very few forums that I am active on, and your statement above is one of the reasons that I stay here. Let's keep it real.

Reactions: pctyphoon
I, for one, am in agreement with the moderation. I happen to be the Global Moderator of a motorcycle brand forum in the U.K. and I know the hassle that moderators get in this forum if my experiences moderating that m/bike forum are anything to go by. Largely a thankless job.

Keep up the good work Steve. Thanks for your hard work. I used to moderate an audio forum so I know how much personal and emotional energy it takes to keep it proper.

Very Good Post Steve. I know you've sure helped me with a few others and I too only post on this site for my drone activity. Keep up the good work. Appreciate your comments and help when in error myself. Safe Flying and a Good Weekend./hyflyer1/EdK/N0EK

I really appreciate the quick response on caustic behavior. As a class clown who jokes in almost every post, I enjoy the honest answers from those who can see my sincere side. This TH is serious business to me and I don't take it lightly. Thank you.

I really appreciate the quick response on caustic behavior. As a class clown who jokes in almost every post, I enjoy the honest answers from those who can see my sincere side. This TH is serious business to me and I don't take it lightly. Thank you.
This TH business is serious to most of us on this forum since we have a lot of money invested in our machines, and those of us that have made a business out of these machines even more so.

That is why it is important to have good and fair moderation on a forum like this. Not so strict as to take away from the fun and lightheartedness you find, but decisiveness enough to keep things on an even keel.

From my own experience on moderating another forum to do with motorbikes I know what often goes on behind the scenes: Bitter direct messaging to a moderator from a disgruntled forum member because of what he/she perceives to be an unfair moderation is one of many examples that moderators have to contend with (if it's anything like my experience).

Indeed a difficult job. And both Steve and tuna provided me with the information I needed to create the zip file that had to be sent to yuneec.

Hey experienced drone pilots, I've very little experience flying my drone. This morning I was flying and after roughly five minutes into flight the quadcopters lights began flash red, I became alarmed and switched button to home the copter came back to me. I gained a false sense of control of the copter so I switched button back to smart and continued flying lights began flashing really fast so I switched the button back to home the copter did not respond instead it began to descend on its own landing then flipping over, This took place on a golf course at 5am wanted to catch the sunrise and crashed instead Doesn't look broken but to add insult to injury I didn't get any footage. After doing a compass calibration I didn't know how to get back to the camera view screen on the ST10. Not flying again until I figure some things out. Can any of you experienced pilots offer a few easy to use tips to get me flying with confidence, I'd greatly appreciate it.

thanks for you time. BTW Steve, that free pizza is still available;)

Hey experienced drone pilots, I've very little experience flying my drone. This morning I was flying and after roughly five minutes into flight the quadcopters lights began flash red, I became alarmed and switched button to home the copter came back to me. I gained a false sense of control of the copter so I switched button back to smart and continued flying lights began flashing really fast so I switched the button back to home the copter did not respond instead it began to descend on its own landing then flipping over, This took place on a golf course at 5am wanted to catch the sunrise and crashed instead Doesn't look broken but to add insult to injury I didn't get any footage. After doing a compass calibration I didn't know how to get back to the camera view screen on the ST10. Not flying again until I figure some things out. Can any of you experienced pilots offer a few easy to use tips to get me flying with confidence, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Probably better to ask in a Q500 forum (if that's what you are flying). I have lots of experience with the H480 Hex as will most others here reading your post, and some will have lots of experience with Q500s too...but I do feel that you'd probably get a better response if you posted about your issue in a Q500 forum. Good luck in getting it sorted out.

BTW. Sounds like behavior of a low battery but don't take my word for it...I have no experience of the quad you are flying.

The Q-500 employs the same boom light warnings as the Chroma. Steady red lights at all four corners indicates Home mode. A red light flash at all four corners is the initial battery low voltage warnings. A fast series of flashing red lights at all four corners is the critical low voltage warning, The first low voltage warning occurs when the battery level dips for any amount of time to 10.6V, something I re-confirmed a few hours ago. At a manufacturer established low voltage level the aircraft will self land. Not mentioned in Leon52's post was the battery voltage at the time of take off. Was the battery fully charged, or as I suspect, one that had been flown at least once prior to the self landing flight and partially discharged at the time of take off, which resulted in an abbreviated flight time.

Note that when the red lights flashed the controller also vibrated and at the same time displayed low battery warning on the screen and also reduced your max allowable altitude. All of that is in the instructions.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval