Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problem with first start and operator ID: H850

Reaction score
Hi,
I am new to the drone game and have an H850 available for a project. It's new and I'm having problems getting it up and running. When the drone connects to the T-one controller, a window pops up asking for the operator id (see photo). I have tried to enter my operator id (e-ID), but the "apply" button cannot be pressed. I am connected to the internet, but it seems like nothing is happening.
When I close the window, a white screen appears with no camera image, even though the E90X camera is connected.

Does anyone have any experience with this and can help me?
Best regards!
Carlotta

h850.jpg

Last edited:
Best regards from Switzerland

If the yellow window for entering the operator ID is displayed, you do not need to enter anything, simply close it.

The fact that no live image of the E90X appears has to do with the fact that the firmware is not up to date.

Please download the autopilot (autopilot.yuneec) and the Airhub (update.img) and put both on an empty Micro SD. Then insert it into the top of the copter, switch it on and wait until the drone restarts by itself.
This can take 2-3 minutes.

You can make the remaining updates via the remote control. then everything should work.

I hope this has helped you.
Greetings Enrico

If the yellow window for entering the operator ID is displayed, you do not need to enter anything, simply close it.

The fact that no live image of the E90X appears has to do with the fact that the firmware is not up to date.

Please download the autopilot (autopilot.yuneec) and the Airhub (update.img) and put both on an empty Micro SD. Then insert it into the top of the copter, switch it on and wait until the drone restarts by itself.

You can make the remaining updates via the remote control. then everything should work.

Greetings Enrico
Thank you very much! That helps a lot!

Reactions: Enrico Jorysch
Hi,
I am new to the drone game and have an H850 available for a project. It's new and I'm having problems getting it up and running. When the drone connects to the T-one controller, a window pops up asking for the operator id (see photo). I have tried to enter my operator id (e-ID), but the "apply" button cannot be pressed. I am connected to the internet, but it seems like nothing is happening.
When I close the window, a white screen appears with no camera image, even though the E90X camera is connected.

Does anyone have any experience with this and can help me?
Best regards!
Carlotta

View attachment 29998
Hello Carlotta,
I don't know where you are from, but in Belgium the registration number has an extra 3 letters or numbers that you can only find on the registration document. In Belgium you must also enter those three extra characters for the remote ID.
I hope it works that way for you too.
Warm regards,
MarcVD

Reactions: Pier2162

Greetings Enrico
Hello,

I have installed the updates and unfortunately I still have the problem. The camera (e90x) is not displayed on the controller and the small LED on the camera does not light up either... does anyone have any ideas?

Greetings
Carlotta

h850.jpgh850b.jpg

Hello,

I have installed the updates and unfortunately I still have the problem. The camera (e90x) is not displayed on the controller and the small LED on the camera does not light up either... does anyone have any ideas?

Greetings
Carlotta
Does the camera gimbal stabilize?
Does the gimbal respond to direction control?

Does the camera gimbal stabilize?
Does the gimbal respond to direction control?
Hey, yes, the gimbal stabilises and it does respond to the control wheels on the back of the T-one controller... but no image or sign of camera on the controller

Hello Carlotta,
I don't know where you are from, but in Belgium the registration number has an extra 3 letters or numbers that you can only find on the registration document. In Belgium you must also enter those three extra characters for the remote ID.
I hope it works that way for you too.
Warm regards,
MarcVD
Hey,
yes, i also tried with the three extra letters, but I think there is just a different number requested in general. But thank you!

Hey, yes, the gimbal stabilises and it does respond to the control wheels on the back of the T-one controller... but no image or sign of camera on the controller
I suspect the controller is connecting to a local WiFi hotspot with access to the internet instead of picking up the camera’s WiFi signal.

I have tried to find a copy of the user’s manual for the H850 to see what I could glean from it, but there is nothing for the H850 on the U.S. website.

Hopefully members that are Yuneec resellers will have some answers for you. As a hobbyist flyer the H850 is well outside of my allowed budget.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I suspect the controller is connecting to a local WiFi hotspot with access to the internet instead of picking up the camera’s WiFi signal.
That was a common problem on the H520 with the E90 camera. The fix is simple. Go to the wifi menu and "Forget" any wifi's that are listed. You can also connect to the E90 camera in that menu.

However, while this works for the H520 it may not work for the H850 unless the camera video signal is using a wifi connection. I suspect it it not.

........ and the small LED on the camera does not light up either...
I have few explanations for a dead LED other than a defective camera. It could be as simple as a bad LED, but more likely a dead camera board. Your camera has power and communication for the IMU and the gimbal board. It may also have power to the Wi-Fi, which may result in seeing a Wi-Fi signal in settings, but the signal will not be carrying a video signal.
Firmware was mentioned earlier in the thread. You may want to try pushing the camera reset buttons if you have not done so.
Otherwise it may be best to return it for an exchange if the camera is still in warranty.
Carlotta E90.jpg Reset.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
I have few explanations for a dead LED other than a defective camera. It could be as simple as a bad LED, but more likely a dead camera board. Your camera has power and communication for the IMU and the gimbal board. It may also have power to the Wi-Fi, which may result in seeing a Wi-Fi signal in settings, but the signal will not be carrying a video signal.
Firmware was mentioned earlier in the thread. You may want to try pushing the camera reset buttons if you have not done so.
Otherwise it may be best to return it for an exchange if the camera is still in warranty.
Hey, yes, the camera was damaged... but thank you all for the tips!

Reactions: WTFDproject

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy