Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problems with the H since release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some assistance from someone who can look at their Typhoon H Camera.

I got my Typhoon H today and when I took it out of the box the camera was dangling loosely.

I carefully handled it getting it out - lifting it straight out, but the camera was hanging partially down from its base as I lifted it out of the box.

When I looked into the shipping crate there was a small black plastic washer and a rubber bumper lying in the box still.

I carefully removed the camera from the Typhoon H and looked more closely.

When I looked at the camera mount I could see it was only connected on one corner of the 4 corners of the camera base.
One the end closest to the middle of the TH one corner had a post through a plastic washer and the other corner did not.
On the end nearest the tab that you press down to remove the camera the corner diagonally opposite of the corner that had the post through the washer had a post sticking up from the mount that connects to the TH but was missing the runner bumper and the other corner had the rubber bumper between the 2 parts of the mount but did not have a post sticking through and connecting to a washer.

Can someone tell me if the correct configuration is all 4 corners have a post connecting to a washer or only 2 corners (diagonally opposite) connect up. I carefully put the bumper back onto the post, lined the parts up and was able with difficulty to get the black plastic wash over the end of the post, resulting in 2 corners being connected.

Looking at it with this small repair it really looks like the camera is still too loose, and with only 2 small plastic rods on 2 corners holding the camera on, that seems to be insecure.

PLEASE do not rip me up and spit me out like seems to happen with the Typhoon H online communities I have reviewed. This is my first post here, I am not a troll for DJI, I have a Typhoon H in hand, but seemingly having some shipping damage, and I am hoping some one can help.

Further, I did searches and browsed lots of posts but could not find another report of the issue.

I have flown RC helicopters, planes an small drones for years....I am new here but not to the sport.

I am a bit bummed...,,cannot start to try it out without getting some comfort on the camera mount issue.

In reading the description it appears your H was seriously mishandled during shipping, tossed around with such force the camera separated from the mount. Based upon what it takes to pull the safety pins out of the mount, there are only supposed to be two, I would not accept the product, presuming it was freight damaged.

As for the two corner safety pins, they are not there to retain the camera all the time, they are safety devices intended to keep the camera attached during a crash. The 4 rubber vibration dampers are made with a rubber flange on each end that fit tightly inside the mounting holes at both mounting flanges. You can remove and install them relatively easily any time you choose. Under normal conditions they are adequate to retain the camera in flight but significant force from impact with the ground or tumbling on the ground will permit them to detach from the mounts.

This type of vibration damper/isolation mount has been in use with multirotors for a long time. You'll find them on a great many gimbals and flat mounting plates. Look at most Go Pro gimbals as an example. They are a suspension mount, not compression mount, so there has always been the potential for them to separate from a mount during events where a lot of unusual force is applied to them, such as a high G impact or violent tumbling or twisting, or when a heavy camera was used on a gimbal designed for a lighter camera. Due to that many people learned that using a secondary retention device, like a small, loosely installed zip tie, string, thin wire, dental floss, whatever, passed through the vibration dampers functioned very well is keeping the camera attached to the gimbal during those less than ideal moments. Two corners is all that is generally needed but many, myself included, prefer to do all four corners.

Should anyone choose to add a couple corner security devices they need to remember not to install them in a way that would restrict movement of the gimbal. They need to be installed as a loose loop to allow the gimbal freedom of motion. If you compress the vibration dampers performing the work you defeated the intent of the dampers and your camera will show vibration while in flight.

So the two plastic pins are not at all necessary for normal operation of the camera and gimbal, but placed there for moments the H encounters violence when contacting the ground. Yours separating was not a big deal in and of itself, but what that separation suggested when finding the condition when removing the H from the box was. Not Yuneec's fault since nobody can control common carriers (we've all seen videos of Fed Ex and UPS tossing TV's over the fence) but such treatment of an electronic device is never a good thing for the device.

I just took maiden fly with replacement H and ST16. Wonderful. She looks so beautiful in the air. ST16 is running ST16_system_v03.01.b18. Not going to update firmware until someone gives me a good reason to. Great luck flyers....

Dont do it yet, i thought it was great until it lost control and crashed. They took it back under warrenty for repairs.

There are several options available on the ST 16 with the new update. You will not find them on the older firmware. One of the things I really enjoy is how you can preview your video on the ST 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval