Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problems with the H since release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason besides the tipping over issue it suddenly flew towards my pickup when attempting to land and crashed into it. It did not respond to control stick movements to get it to return to landing spot. It was facing away from me and my pickup so no chance to know if obstacle avoidance would have helped. On the bright side, the arms were still very secure despite some reviewers saying that the arm hinges appeared weak (they don't to me).
I know Harvey, and I agree with you, but above you stated" some reviewer saying arm hinges appeared weak" I thought you posted and they made comments because you did post. My bad !

Where are the magnets? can't see any? Just curios Capt. are there magnetic mounts or is just the motors magnetized from windings? I am lost, sorry

That is just an assumption on my part as I've not seen the fans up close. I'm just taking a guess that they are similar to small brushless fans on other devices. If that is the case then the fan/blades portion spins freely riding a few microns above a magnet. Magnets also provide the power to spin when a small current is sent through.

Reactions: DroneClone
That is just an assumption on my part as I've not seen the fans up close. I'm just taking a guess that they are similar to small brushless fans on other devices. If that is the case then the fan/blades portion spins freely riding a few microns above a magnet. Magnets also provide the power to spin when a small current is sent through.
Thanks! Because I am seeing the blades, not motors as being loose and coming of, not the motors themselves. We will have to see more on this to tell !

Although I tried a search on the ST24 controller to see the back of it I was not successful. But surely the same fans would be used in the ST16 and the ST24 so it is not new technology here. Rather just what happens with mass produced items . Quality control must have missed a couple.

Is it quality control or a poor design and coming loose during shipment. We on this forum are a very small percentage of the number of units shipped from Yuneec and we have seen Two here! Also Yuneec service told HarveyC that they believed it was the fan without even having the unit in front of them. That seems to tell me that others are having the same problem either during use or during transport.

Reactions: humboldt 707
Is it quality control or a poor design and coming loose during shipment. We on this forum are a very small percentage of the number of units shipped from Yuneec and we have seen Two here! Also Yuneec service told HarveyC that they believed it was the fan without even having the unit in front of them. That seems to tell me that others are having the same problem either during use or during transport.
This is something Yuneec will have to address with a redesign. Not every consumer has the ability/dexterity to open a case and fix this on a regular basis if it is vibrating loose during use or transport.

It was not Yuneec that told me it was the fan but someone here who I'd rather not name. He has the H and comments were via PM. I emailed Yuneec about others having loose fans this morning.

Was in angle mode landing with it facing away from me
Please keep us posted if this happens again and pay close attention to your location, mode of operation, wind, nearby obstacles, and potential radio interference sources.

It was not Yuneec that told me it was the fan but someone here who I'd rather not name. He has the H and comments were via PM. I emailed Yuneec about others having loose fans this morning.
Sorry Harvey, I must have misread/misunderstood. Also, I am not trying to feed the trolls with this thread, but provide information to help all H owners and possibly help them to see a potential problem and fix it before their H hits their pickup truck or maybe even a bystander/news reporter. When I get mine later this week I now know the importance of a good compass calibration and a close look at the ST16 before taking the UAV out into the field. All information you provide is greatly appreciated and please post the finding you get from Yuneec.

When i spoke this morning to Yuneec on the phone this is what i was told:

the rattling in the controller- mentioned fan to him and he said yes it has been reported
dead battery- has had this call to as well and recommend i try the car charger to see if it will get it going so i can transfer it inside.
Gimbal- was a new one to them

I am starting to think they knew about some of these issues and shipped them anyway.

A quick scan of some other Yuneec Tornado/ST 24 forums no comments about rattling fans or whatever in the ST 24 controller. Surely the the ST16 is just a cut down version but the innards would be the same.

Well... I've had a Q 4k and modded the **** out of it and the ST10+ for over a year and love it. I loved the H for about ten minutes. I calibrated it, flew it for almost 10 minutes then landed it to take more pics. I then took off again to keep enjoying the expensive *** day we've all been waiting for. Then she started drifting and even though I was in a big open field, she started drifting outta control so much that I knew I had ZERO control. I flipped the RTH switch and she just kept flying til she smashed a tree and broke two props while the Cgo said "eff this!" And broke off!
Needless to say, I'm more than pissed. It was Christmas and a nightmare within a couple hrs. It reminded me about the days, just a couple years back where people had fly-aways... we've all felt that pain. Well, I felt that pain and I'll say this... "Its F**King awful watching $1300 just give you the finger and bounce! I got her down from the tree, but as you can see, she needs help. First flight was great, not the best distance (for video) where I was flying. Yuneec stayed with that same horrible design where the 5.8Ghz antenna is stuffed into the Cgo! So effing stupid! hence why I adjusted this on my Q by remounting a better antenna on the underbelly of the Q. Much better video and huge distance increase. Especially with the Itelite antenna with boosters. As for my first flight though... If I weren't a grown man, I swear on everything, I'd be crying. The park I fly at is so saturated with interference that I barley got 1300 feet. Then after I landed and took off, it was like a QX350 with a GoPro too close to it.
It basically said "later biach" and was not only embarrassing, but costly. Back to my good ol trusty Q til I get the H fixed and back, but I'll be honest, I'm gonna be scared with it til I get at least 10+ flights with it. My first flight was just too much, too fast and too expensive. Idk why I stay in this hobby after this happening, but I will give it one more chance to be the fun hobby I like so much with my Q, but damnit this **** is getting expensive! I went all out. Backpack, batteries, sun shield, Itelite on its way... *Shrug here's the last video of her before I landed, took off and she went bonkers :-\
Its currently in route to get fixed/replaced. The gimbal and two props appear to be the only things broken. There are 6 exposed wires for the Cgo. All different colors. Probably just some micro soldering and easy remount would fix it. I'll keep y'all posted.
https://goo.gl/photos/aaGvSy6bimQZYvGJ8

Attachments

• 20160516_185258.jpg
    20160516_185258.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 106
Reactions: Jeffrey Solorio
Landingredients? explain, while landing on ground, the motors revved up? sorry about confusion. I am really concerned about these many issues, not good!!:mad:

When landing continue to hold throttle stick down (1-2 sec.) until you hear the motor rpm's drop and then depress start/stop button.

Reactions: Cilent1
Well... I've had a Q 4k and modded the **** out of it and the ST10+ for over a year and love it. I loved the H for about ten minutes. I calibrated it, flew it for almost 10 minutes then landed it to take more pics. I then took off again to keep enjoying the expensive *** day we've all been waiting for. Then she started drifting and even though I was in a big open field, she started drifting outta control so much that I knew I had ZERO control. I flipped the RTH switch and she just kept flying til she smashed a tree and broke two props while the Cgo said "eff this!" And broke off!
Needless to say, I'm more than pissed. It was Christmas and a nightmare within a couple hrs. It reminded me about the days, just a couple years back where people had fly-aways... we've all felt that pain. Well, I felt that pain and I'll say this... "Its F**King awful watching $1300 just give you the finger and bounce! I got her down from the tree, but as you can see, she needs help. First flight was great, not the best distance (for video) where I was flying. Yuneec stayed with that same horrible design where the 5.8Ghz antenna is stuffed into the Cgo! So effing stupid! hence why I adjusted this on my Q by remounting a better antenna on the underbelly of the Q. Much better video and huge distance increase. Especially with the Itelite antenna with boosters. As for my first flight though... If I weren't a grown man, I swear on everything, I'd be crying. The park I fly at is so saturated with interference that I barley got 1300 feet. Then after I landed and took off, it was like a QX350 with a GoPro too close to it.
It basically said "later biach" and was not only embarrassing, but costly. Back to my good ol trusty Q til I get the H fixed and back, but I'll be honest, I'm gonna be scared with it til I get at least 10+ flights with it. My first flight was just too much, too fast and too expensive. Idk why I stay in this hobby after this happening, but I will give it one more chance to be the fun hobby I like so much with my Q, but damnit this **** is getting expensive! I went all out. Backpack, batteries, sun shield, Itelite on its way... *Shrug here's the last video of her before I landed, took off and she went bonkers :-\
Its currently in route to get fixed/replaced. The gimbal and two props appear to be the only things broken. There are 6 exposed wires for the Cgo. All different colors. Probably just some micro soldering and easy remount would fix it. I'll keep y'all posted.
https://goo.gl/photos/aaGvSy6bimQZYvGJ8
Wow.... I don't blame you one bit DopeDiculous, That's fuckin horrible. I'm so concerned now hearing all these stories for when I get my H next week. I'm going to try and have someone film my first couple flights in case something ridiculous like this happens with mine. Unacceptable. I too had a Q 4K and loved it. Really hope I made the right decision going to the H. Keep us posted bud and I'm sorry you are going through this :/

Ahhhhh.... Why I hesitated not to be in the first batch released. First production runs are really rushed and new employees being trained, quality issues and last min. changes that don't get communicated. I'm looking at July to get my "H"... I'm happy to wait for the bug out...

I'm concerned more about the fly away that DopeD had. That's not good.

As for the rev'ing up of the blades on landing that's to be expected when you get into the ground effect and the air loops around so the blades would speed up and cause it to become light and want to bounce easily. Which is why I don't like auto landing systems. Also are there ultrasonic sensors on the bottom? I thought I saw some in the pics where these would be used to assist in the auto land function.... Might be an issue there.

Reactions: Jeffrey Solorio
When i spoke this morning to Yuneec on the phone this is what i was told:

the rattling in the controller- mentioned fan to him and he said yes it has been reported
dead battery- has had this call to as well and recommend i try the car charger to see if it will get it going so i can transfer it inside.
Gimbal- was a new one to them

I am starting to think they knew about some of these issues and shipped them anyway.
Quality control with any manufactured product is never estimated to be 100% in the business plan. There are going to be issues and manufacturing tweaks the whole year. All part of the business model for the H, I would imagine.

Quality control with any manufactured product is never estimated to be 100% in the business plan. There are going to be issues and manufacturing tweaks the whole year. All part of the business model for the H, I would imagine.
But the amount so far we are seeing is a bit unsettling.

Reactions: DroneClone
But the amount so far we are seeing is a bit unsettling.
So far the issues seem rather minor and less than 5 reported cases that I have heard of. Very small even considering that 5 cases could equal 10 times more that we don't hear of (they are not on this forum). I hope for Yuneec's sake I'm right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33