Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problems with the H since release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
six sigma would be approx. 3.4 defects per million. That's world class manufacturing (not the typical new product launch). While 1/2 that at 3 sigma would be 66,800 defects per million (that 93+% quality. Still a hard thing to achieve on a new product launch).

I'd say let it settle and a few weeks of shipments and see where it lands.

Reactions: Parman27
When landing continue to hold throttle stick down (1-2 sec.) until you hear the motor rpm's drop and then depress start/stop button.
Thanks for the Webster's version meaning. Tim are the fan blades coming off, and uncontrollable flights becoming a common occurrence ? Many reported? I am an experienced pilot. And I am sure some on here also. It's making us uneasy. Any comfort on your end?

This is the thread I've been waiting for. No, not to bash, but to really evaluate. I love my Phantom 3 Pro but it, and all other models, had their issues, too. This thread will help me honestly evaluate the H as it is my #1 choice for my next purchase. I plan on waiting until the end of the year, though, so it'll be good to see what to expect, how customer service handles it and get a model that might be upgraded a bit.

Thank you.

(And I'm Pro H, don't let the threadcount fool you; head over to Phantom Pilots to see how long I've been around.)

Last edited:
I got in 1 flight yesterday and tried out some of the modes. Orbit and POI work great and the Journey mode did as well. I will post each at some point. It is easy to fly and will take some learning to get used to angle mode when the camera is not facing the nose.

I got in 1 flight yesterday and tried out some of the modes. Orbit and POI work great and the Journey mode did as well. I will post each at some point. It is easy to fly and will take some learning to get used to angle mode when the camera is not facing the nose.
Gidrock, so you have had non of the issues, fan blades coming off, uncontrollable flights? Hope so my friend! as Mine will be on my porch Friday, just received tracking number via UPS

i did have a landing with the motors revving back up and the H did once move about 10 feet away from its hover point but i landed it right after.

Reactions: Typhooned
Gidrock, so you have had non of the issues, fan blades coming off, uncontrollable flights? Hope so my friend! as Mine will be on my porch Friday, just received tracking number via UPS
Mine is also due on Friday with FedEx signature required. I however work all day on Friday :mad: Right now FedEx tracking shows it arrived at 1:30pm at a facility just 4 hours south of me. Maybe it will come tomorrow ahead of schedule on my day off.

Well, I just received my UPS tracking number, my H will arrive this Friday.
With all the news of issues lately, I can say I am not wetting my pants too much!. I do not know if I should be elated, or leary?. But I am a experienced pilot and know if she's worthy, I will have no issues!
So I hope to be leaving the TWHC soon ! and hope to not need to join the CBHC (Crash and Burn Haters Club) anytime for many moons to come! This weekend will be the Tell Tell Heart !

i'd be happy with a fully functional camera. I will say that it is definitely different from flying a quadcopter and will take some getting used to. I didn't go farther away from 300 ft and higher than 150 maybe my 1st flight.

Reactions: DroneClone
Thanks for the Webster's version meaning. Tim are the fan blades coming off, and uncontrollable flights becoming a common occurrence ? Many reported? I am an experienced pilot. And I am sure some on here also. It's making us uneasy. Any comfort on your end?

DC you referring to props coming off in flight? I assisted with testing machines this week at our facility. No prop issues. I double check props are installed properly prior to flight.

Reactions: Jussaguy and Radar
Well... I've had a Q 4k and modded the **** out of it and the ST10+ for over a year and love it. I loved the H for about ten minutes. I calibrated it, flew it for almost 10 minutes then landed it to take more pics. I then took off again to keep enjoying the expensive *** day we've all been waiting for. Then she started drifting and even though I was in a big open field, she started drifting outta control so much that I knew I had ZERO control. I flipped the RTH switch and she just kept flying til she smashed a tree and broke two props while the Cgo said "eff this!" And broke off!
Needless to say, I'm more than pissed. It was Christmas and a nightmare within a couple hrs. It reminded me about the days, just a couple years back where people had fly-aways... we've all felt that pain. Well, I felt that pain and I'll say this... "Its F**King awful watching $1300 just give you the finger and bounce! I got her down from the tree, but as you can see, she needs help. First flight was great, not the best distance (for video) where I was flying. Yuneec stayed with that same horrible design where the 5.8Ghz antenna is stuffed into the Cgo! So effing stupid! hence why I adjusted this on my Q by remounting a better antenna on the underbelly of the Q. Much better video and huge distance increase. Especially with the Itelite antenna with boosters. As for my first flight though... If I weren't a grown man, I swear on everything, I'd be crying. The park I fly at is so saturated with interference that I barley got 1300 feet. Then after I landed and took off, it was like a QX350 with a GoPro too close to it.
It basically said "later biach" and was not only embarrassing, but costly. Back to my good ol trusty Q til I get the H fixed and back, but I'll be honest, I'm gonna be scared with it til I get at least 10+ flights with it. My first flight was just too much, too fast and too expensive. Idk why I stay in this hobby after this happening, but I will give it one more chance to be the fun hobby I like so much with my Q, but damnit this **** is getting expensive! I went all out. Backpack, batteries, sun shield, Itelite on its way... *Shrug here's the last video of her before I landed, took off and she went bonkers :-\
Its currently in route to get fixed/replaced. The gimbal and two props appear to be the only things broken. There are 6 exposed wires for the Cgo. All different colors. Probably just some micro soldering and easy remount would fix it. I'll keep y'all posted.
https://goo.gl/photos/aaGvSy6bimQZYvGJ8
My god this just scared me from buying one, seems like people are starting to report small issues but this, this is just plain out scary.

i'd be happy with a fully functional camera. I will say that it is definitely different from flying a quadcopter and will take some getting used to. I didn't go farther away from 300 ft and higher than 150 maybe my 1st flight.
About the distances I will stay in for a few batteries! Does you camera still lock out at 2 o'clock? Did you remove camera and reinstall ? Do they want you to send it back?. If so, I'd probably fly her a few days before getting a RMA to make sure she's healthy head to toe, as to not start the dating game between You and Yuneec !

DC you referring to props coming off in flight? I assisted with testing machines this week at our facility. No prop issues. I double check props are installed properly prior to flight.
No Tim, on here a few of the members hear clanking in the ST 16 Controller after unboxing and a few flights. One even took it apart and the mini cooling fans {two} The blades have been coming off and rolling around inside the controller

About the distances I will stay in for a few batteries! Does you battery still lock out at 2 o'clock? Did you remove camera and reinstall ? Do they want you to send it back?. If so, I'd probably fly her a few days before getting a RMA to make sure she's healthy head to toe, as to not start the dating game between You and Yuneec !
i took the gimbal off and put it back on the H and booted her up and reran the calibration. Still does it. Sometimes when it boots the camera doesn't center right either. I am waiting on an email about sending it back which yuneec recommends. I also asked about replacing the bad battery.

No Tim, on here a few of the members hear clanking in the ST 16 Controller after unboxing and a few flights. One even took it apart and the mini cooling fans {two} The blades have been coming off and rolling around inside the controller
We believe they may be brushless/magnetic motors? and maybe bouncing in shipments and handling during flights seems to have dis-lodged a few peoples fan blades, seems like a defective/poor designed motor if it keeps going and being reported.

i took the gimbal off and put it back on the H and booted her up and reran the calibration. Still does it. Sometimes when it boots the camera doesn't center right either. I am waiting on an email about sending it back which yuneec recommends. I also asked about replacing the bad battery.
Hope she comes back real soon, in perfect health !

My god this just scared me from buying one, seems like people are starting to report small issues but this, this is just plain out scary.
Can just be typical issues, or new pilot errors, or a combination ( not saying my friends are newbs on here) Remember when the P4 and all previous Phantoms came out there was a wave of first getter issue, then it calms down.
I will find out Friday when mine lands home!

Can just be typical issues, or new pilot errors, or a combination ( not saying my friends are newbs on here) Remember when the P4 and all previous Phantoms came out there was a wave of first getter issue, then it calms down.
I will find out Friday when mine lands home!
Good luck, I look forward to seeing your feedback since you seem like a confident pilot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss