Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Propeller Shadow on Ground

Reaction score
Hello All, I don't see a search option for the forums, if I am missing it can someone point it out to me please. Today I went up to around 200 feet and I only saw the warning flash and couldn't read it fast enough but it was something about and motor failing, nothing ever happened and I never saw it again. When reviewing the video I shot I can see the shadow of the drone in some shots and sometimes the propeller shadows look like they are still or not moving fast and then they speed up. could this just me an illusion related to the frame rate of the camera or wind? Is there anyway to test the motors for issues before something happens?

Thanks

Hello All, I don't see a search option for the forums, if I am missing it can someone point it out to me please. Today I went up to around 200 feet and I only saw the warning flash and couldn't read it fast enough but it was something about and motor failing, nothing ever happened and I never saw it again. When reviewing the video I shot I can see the shadow of the drone in some shots and sometimes the propeller shadows look like they are still or not moving fast and then they speed up. could this just me an illusion related to the frame rate of the camera or wind? Is there anyway to test the motors for issues before something happens?

Thanks
1. The search function is the little magnifier icon upper right side of the page.
2. Yes, it's the effect of the shutter catching short snaps of the props. Tilt your camera down a bit more to get the props out of the view.

ok got it thanks
Oops.....I should have read your post more closely. It was the shadow of the props. Another duh?? moment in my life. Sorry.
As for the warning, if it senses a motor problem I believe the warning is Entering Five Rotor Mode. Land immediately. You may wish to carefully inspect your props and connect the H to the GUI so it can run a diagnostics on everything. Test each motor while it's connected to the GUI.

Reactions: UBWoodman
1. The search function is the little magnifier icon upper right side of the page.
2. Yes, it's the effect of the shutter catching short snaps of the props. Tilt your camera down a bit more to get the props out of the view.
Let me be a little more clear about the search icon. He meant.....it's the teenie weenie little small very hard to see search icon with no box that blends into the rest of the website in the upper right side of the page. :)

UB, are you operating a Q500?
Yes it's Q500+, I am at least the second owner but the last never really used he said because he bought it to film his pool work but didn't know he needed a license to be compliant.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis