Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 + 4k can't get battery out

Reaction score
I was out with my q500 today and came to put another battery in for a second flight when I discovered that the battery I'd just used wouldn't come out. It slides out maybe 1.5 inches at which point there's a definite "clunk" as if it's encountered something solid but for the life in me I can't imagine what must have dislodged inside that cold jam it so sollidly.

Has anyone else encoutered this? I'm reluctant to start taking it apart if case anyone can say "oh that happened to me... just do *this* and it'll come right out".

Fingers crossed.

Col.

Look inside and check on the right side of the battery as you are looking in. See if a wire has come loose. There is a wire on that side that might be held up with velcro that has come loose and is snagging the battery. Otherwise not sure what it could be. Has the battery swelled?

No the battery isn't swolen and I was aware there was a loose wire and connector in the area you mentioned but (a) I don't think I'm getting the battery far enough out for that to be the problem and (b) it's not a gradual jamming up as the battery comes out but a distinct "STOP" when it gets to a specific position. Very puzzling. I think I'm going to have to take the bottom off tomorrow.

Col.

Other than the receiver wire that you know about, there is really nothing in the compartment to hold the battery up except for swelling. If you can get the battery to slide, I doubt it's still connected to a broken battery connector. At this point, you really have nothing to lose by pulling as hard as you need to to pull the battery out.
I'll bet you find it has swollen up and jamming in the holder. Until it's out of the holder, you can't really tell if it's swollen or not.
Good luck,
Jafo

I had the problem with puffy battery and it pushed the battery frame up and catching the cage inside I then pulled very hard and
it came out with no damage as plastic will flex.
I think the butter knife is a good idea as it will tell you which side is jammed and you can measure how far the knife goes in and stops.
good luck.
Cheers, JV
p.s. I think night flying is great and I made a helipad with LED's all round it and I fly with FPV goggles, my Q500 has strobe lights
2 White forward and Red & Blue underneath, can't miss it.

Reactions: Cranky Trapper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nubestpremiumsupplements