Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 4K "enter five-rotor mode! Please land immediately" error?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have read that a few others seem to have had this error, but I have searched and searched and have been unable to find any answer to the issue.

On one occasion, I had been flying my Q500 4k for just over 5 minutes when then error message "motor error, enter five- rotor mode! Please land immediately" pops up on the ST10+. I was over water at the time and freaked out, brought it in too quickly trying to land and clipped a small tree. Just one lost rotor blade, no biggie.

The following week I took it out again and had a flawless 20 minute flight. I brought it back to me and swapped over to a fresh battery. I fly for about 2 minutes again and got quite high (about 60 metres) when the same warning came up. I was able to land it safely with no problems, but I've read stories of this error making it just drop from the sky.

Now I'm worried about flying again because I live by the coast and a lot of the time it's flying over water :(

Has anyone heard of a fix to this issue?

Thanks for any help and apologies if this has been answered elsewhere.

Dang, I'd let Yuneec know about that ASAP. Looks like maybe some stray code from H flyware?

This just happened to me today, for the 3rd time since upgrading to the latest firmware.. today was different though, as the Q500 actually took off, then come falling back to the ground.. thankfully it only got about 1 metre off the ground before it failed. I also happened to be filming it with my DSLR.

It seems as though there is an issue with the latest Q500 firmware, where it seems to think it has 6 rotors, freaks out when it doesn't, and it all just ends badly.

I am seriously hoping Yuneec come to the party and repair my damaged Q500.

I don't think it's a problem at all. When do you see the message ?
I've seen the same message... after a crash.
I think it's simply a generic warning letting one know there is a motor problem of some kind and if you had more than four motors it would be entering some kind of recovery state.
Jmo

I haven't done any updates of the firmware ..... "if it's flyin' fine why mess with it" was advice given to me - which I think is great advice.... I know that's not going to help your situation now.... (kind of like a buddy showing up after all the work is done).

Good think you have video evidence that you can show Yuneec.

Good luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval