Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

Q500 4K recording issue.

Discussion in 'Q500 4K Help' started by kocuo24, Jul 20, 2016.

1. kocuo24

Hello everybody. I am a proud owner of a Q500 4K for a week now, and recently I'm having a problem with my SD card recordings. Sometimes camera (CGO3+) works fine but sometimes she fails. The recorded footage is unreadable. Instead if video picture I'm getting ... colorful "confetti". Can somebody help me please. - Danny.

PS. This is my very first post.

#1 kocuo24, Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    Jay Bennett likes this.
  2. Jay Bennett

I'm reading it, and I'm also having trouble viewing videos on my Android tablet. Getting message that video resolution is not supported

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. dwiener

What type of SD card are you using? You need a fast card to record 4k video. Also are you getting the same out put at lower resolutions, HD, SD, what about stills?

4. Jay Bennett

I'm using the sd card that came with it, and I'm only having trouble viewing the video on my tablet.

5. dwiener

Ok, for Danny I just re-read your post. The camera needs to stop recording before turning off the quad or you get a corrupted file. Sometimes the file can be saved by turning everything on again and recording a new file by turning the camera on and off. This usually works but not always.

As for Jays question can you view the files ok on other devices like a computer and just not on your tablet?

6. KBflyer

For a tablet install VLC player, its free. It will play 4 K video on my 2nd generation Ipad and my LG3G smart phone.
    As for the first person posting I have never seen that displayed when viewing video but I'm guessing it might be a codec problem. Try installing this codec pack. Its free Download K-Lite Codec Pack Full

7. Jay Bennett

Yes dweiner, I can view vids on my laptop. And thanks again for the help

8. kocuo24

I'm using SAMSUNG 64GB Evo micro SD Class 10. Working with HD only. Stills are OK!

9. dwiener

Might be corrupted files if recoding on the camera isn't stopped before turning off the Q