Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

Q500 4K - "shaky" footage

Discussion in 'Q500 4K Help' started by kocuo24, Jul 29, 2016.

1. kocuo24

It's me again. Recorded footage (3840x3160/30) is a little bit "shaky". It's not flowing smoothly. What is the reason? Should I perform a props ballance test, or something alse...?

2. Brandon Lowe

I have a new Typhoon H Pro with the same problem and I tried balancing the props and calibrating the gimbal and nothing helped so the gimbal and camera are going back to Yuneec to get checked.

3. kocuo24

Hi Brandon. It looks like you are the one and only person who can answer my questions and who is having similar problems... You know, I bought Q500 4K from my friend so I don't have warranty anymore. Oh, well...

#3 kocuo24, Jul 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  4. Brandon Lowe

I will let you know if they fix mine with the gimbal, Maybe someone else will jump in and have an idea. Try doing the prop balance and see if that helps. Post a sample up on Youtube and share it.
    Here is a sample from mine.

5. kocuo24

Yes, this is exactly what I'm experiencing with my byrd. Kind of "trembling", "shaky - jerky"" behavior.
    But I must tell - your footage is beautiful, colors are super. I just love it. And Typhoon H is outstanding.
    To be honest - I don't know exactly how to perform props balance, but I will learn it ... soon. I hope.
    Here is my first sample...

#5 kocuo24, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  6. skypuppy

gimbal balance?

7. kocuo24

Probably you're right. I should perform gimbal and props balance, but I don't know exactly how to do that... Ouch!

8. Frodoe

you more than likely have found out to do your prop balance if not maybe i can help.
    1. you will need to pick up an adapter for the threads on your prop. Amazon sells some. all you need is a fine file or emory, said paper etc..
    2. place the prop in device, if one side drops, sand trailing edge lightly until blades are horizontal.
    3. do this with all props, and your done.

as far as gimbal balancing this one is new to me, would love to see a how to on it.
    happy flying

9. KBflyer

You will need one of these to balance your Yuneec props. From my experience with Yuneec props they are balanced perfect from the factory so the likely hood they are out is very slight unless you have chipped them then they would need to be balanced.
    Precision Prop Balancing ROD for YUNEEC Q500 Units

You should also pickup a Du-Bro True-spin prop balancer. They are the best for the job.
    DRUBRO Tru-Spin Prop Balancer

As to balancing the gimbal its not going to happen. CGO3 gimbals can not be balanced like the newer CGO3+.

Like I said I would be very surprized if your props are out unless they are chipped or after market props.

10. Frodoe

Thanks, this was my thoughts, my props have always been so close I never really need to do anything, but thanks for the gimbal info. I've seen where others have posted to do so however as I stated I haven't seen anyone showing how.