Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 4k Telemetry and Compass Cali Discussion

Reaction score
That I would just open a new thread on the subject. Background: Q500 4k. V1.07. Owned since November 2015. Never crashed. Calibrated Compass in Nov 2015 but never after that until recently. Only reason I did the Compass Calibration recently is because I noticed some Calibration Errors in the Telemetry Files. Not many and really never had any problems in flight but decided maybe I should do a Calibration since it had been over a year ago.

Here is a screen shot of my telemetry. The Error 32's that are shown do not really cause any problems that I can see during flight. But I do notice the Rear Light blink Purple/Orange (I think it is Orange) during flight every so often. Anyone care to take a stab at this subject.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    473.6 KB · Views: 16
I would say, so short occurances of Compass Cali warnings are normal behaviour. I have the same with my Q500 and did not having problems at all.

Problems are seen only in case of long duration warnings (more than 20 sec or so) that never stops. This indicates serious problems and danger of fly-aways.

br HE

That I would just open a new thread on the subject. Background: Q500 4k. V1.07. Owned since November 2015. Never crashed. Calibrated Compass in Nov 2015 but never after that until recently. Only reason I did the Compass Calibration recently is because I noticed some Calibration Errors in the Telemetry Files. Not many and really never had any problems in flight but decided maybe I should do a Calibration since it had been over a year ago.

Here is a screen shot of my telemetry. The Error 32's that are shown do not really cause any problems that I can see during flight. But I do notice the Rear Light blink Purple/Orange (I think it is Orange) during flight every so often. Anyone care to take a stab at this subject.
Is there any documentation somewhere on how to decipher telemetry?

This might help, but not a comprehensive list.

Attachments

• Flight modes.txt
    859 bytes · Views: 26
  • Telemetry error codes.txt
    303 bytes · Views: 27
Reactions: h-elsner

I see the orange light on the H occasionally, but never recall seeing it on the Q and never paid much attention to the telemetry.
It's possible the compass module is going bad in which case it will get worse or stop working.
It's also possible the sensor has come loose inside the Q allowing it to move around a bit.
And.....it's also possible it's just normal for you machine. You could go back and look at some of the older telemetry files to see if has always generated an error 32.
I would definitely try the calibration in a new location and be sure to face North when doing the cal.

It looked like it was either Orange, Yellow or Some other brighter color than Purple. I have looked at other Telemetry files before this recent calibration and there were several 32 errors so I would guess that it is just normal. It just does it a few different times here and there each flight and not for any longer than the above picture shows. But I might try the calibration in a different place.

It looked like it was either Orange, Yellow or Some other brighter color than Purple. I have looked at other Telemetry files before this recent calibration and there were several 32 errors so I would guess that it is just normal. It just does it a few different times here and there each flight and not for any longer than the above picture shows. But I might try the calibration in a different place.
I checked my telemetry files today and my birds only a week old and I have a few, not many 32's also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech