Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 4k video stopping....

Reaction score
HI, I'm new to this so apologies if this question has an obvious answer. I can start recording video but after about 70 seconds I get an "Sd Card error, rectifying" message and the recording stops. I can restart recording but the second video file is unreadable. The file take prior to the error is ok and plays on VLC no problem. I'm using a 64Gb Samsung class 10 micro SD card. Any suggestions?

HI, I'm new to this so apologies if this question has an obvious answer. I can start recording video but after about 70 seconds I get an "Sd Card error, rectifying" message and the recording stops. I can restart recording but the second video file is unreadable. The file take prior to the error is ok and plays on VLC no problem. I'm using a 64Gb Samsung class 10 micro SD card. Any suggestions?
Try using a smaller gig card and see what happens

something is wrong with the sd card , format or try a new sd card 32 or 64 will work fine , i used a 32 and 64 cheap sd card from china and it would record and then when after 15 gigs used it would record and say files damaged , buy a name sd card .

I've had the same issue just recently. It happened yesterday. I'm using a class 10 SanDisk 32gb and 64gb cards. I've been flying fine for over a month. I got one message saying it was reformatting the card. I'm getting these errors multiple times in one flight. I'm at a loss.

I am using a Sandisk 128 Gig card in my CG03. I have never had a problem. If you have a name brand card size shouldn't be a problem. You need to make certain that it is a class 10 card. That way there is no speed bottleneck. SD cards are susceptible to failure. Since you tried more than one card I would suggest you contact Yuneec if it has been less than a year. They extended everyones warranty to a year.

If it's a new card, or if it's the first time recording that much on it, the problem may be that it's counterfeit. Often a counterfeit card that's labeled as say a Sandisk 64GB will be a noname 32GB with some faking to make it appear to readers as 64GB. As soon as you go past 32GB, corruption.

I had similar problems with the SD card that I received with my Q500. I purchased a new card with a higher transfer rate ( Up to 95MB/s read speed and up to 90MB/s write speed) and have had no problems since.The card is the Sandisk Extreme Plus 64GB.

I found it at Wal Mart with the GO Pro accessories.
https://www.sandisk.com/content/***/sandisk-main/en_us/portal-assets/product-images/retail-products/ExtremePLUS_microSDHC_U3_64GB-retina.png

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430