Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Question about Purchasing new Typhoon

Reaction score
I'm about to purchase the H Pro. I see I can get the pro version pretty cheap without RealSense and then just buy the Real Sense module and add it. Would you recommend that? Also, is there a big difference between the ST16 and the ST16+? I see a lot of headers on Amazon stating they're the Pro but photo's are showing the ST16 with only 2 antennae. Is the transmitter the only difference with the Pro version? Also, if I buy a new H from an individual does the Warranty transfer? I'm trying to avoid paying sales tax. Lol

Thanks,
Chad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The ST16 has 3 antenna but the 3rd antenna is internal. There are mods you can perform to bring it to the outside of the controller.

I think the RealSense is a bit of a gimmic to be honest. I never fly in close quarters, like the demo video's show. The Pro still has collision detection on the front but limits your speed. I generally fly with it off anyway!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The ST16 has 3 antenna but the 3rd antenna is internal. There are mods you can perform to bring it to the outside of the controller.

I think the RealSense is a bit of a gimmic to be honest. I never fly in close quarters, like the demo video's show. The Pro still has collision detection on the front but limits your speed. I generally fly with it off anyway!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm seeing a lot of photos now showing the ST16 with 3 external ant. Even the Yuneec website shows only the ST16 with 3 external Ant.

I'm seeing a lot of photos now showing the ST16 with 3 external ant. Even the Yuneec website shows only the ST16 with 3 external Ant.

The ST16 with 3 antenna gives you longer range. The Pro and Pro with realsense include this.

You can mod ST16 2 antenna to have a third antenna.

Realsense is nice if you like follow me mode. Otherwise it's not a big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the warranty is non transferable.

Thanks Pat. I emailed the eBay seller. The item was listed as NEW just opened the box to check contents. After further inquiry I found out it was sent into Yuneec for a 27 point inspection and firmware update. Not buying that drone!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, I would be more inclined to purchase a used "H" that has gone through Yuneec's 27 point inspection as long as they include a copy of the completed test form. They test fly the H as well before signing off on it. At least you know it's working properly.

Here's what they check:

Ground Check:

• Firmware Updated to current version
  • Motor Shafts and Propellers Good
  • Battery slides in and makes good connection
  • Landing gear in good condition
  • camera installed and in good condition
  • Frame inspected for structural damage
  • Full transmitter system check
  • Battery Cells Balance normal (if included)
  • LED indicators check
Flight Check:
  • Telemetry Data accurate and functioning
  • Startup sequence normal
  • GPS Signal locked and acquired sufficient satellites throughout flight (7-10 satellites)
  • Stationary Hover Test Completed
  • Tested Smart Mode Functionality (relies on GPS module)
  • Tested Return To Home and Auto Landing Functions
  • Motors and Battery tested for normal temperature
  • Product Cleaned and prepped for shipping
  • Included items inspected and packaged for return
Only test if involved in a crash or customer is having issues:
  • Range Tested and within specs (H= 1000ft - 1300ft)
  • Picture Tested at altitude
  • camera tested for functionality and quality
  • Video/Picture examined for discrepancies
Only test these features when customer is having issues or part is replaced:
Flight Check:
  • Accelerometer test complete (part of main board functions)
  • Compass Calibration Checked (only if aircraft doesn't fly in a straight heading)
  • Tested Task Mode Functionality (relies on GPS module)
  • Tested OBS Avoid/Real Sense Functions (if applicable)
Inspector: Date: Notes:

Personally, I would be more inclined to purchase a used "H" that has gone through Yuneec's 27 point inspection as long as they include a copy of the completed test form. They test fly the H as well before signing off on it. At least you know it's working properly.

Here's what they check:

Ground Check:

• Firmware Updated to current version
  • Motor Shafts and Propellers Good
  • Battery slides in and makes good connection
  • Landing gear in good condition
  • camera installed and in good condition
  • Frame inspected for structural damage
  • Full transmitter system check
  • Battery Cells Balance normal (if included)
  • LED indicators check
Flight Check:
  • Telemetry Data accurate and functioning
  • Startup sequence normal
  • GPS Signal locked and acquired sufficient satellites throughout flight (7-10 satellites)
  • Stationary Hover Test Completed
  • Tested Smart Mode Functionality (relies on GPS module)
  • Tested Return To Home and Auto Landing Functions
  • Motors and Battery tested for normal temperature
  • Product Cleaned and prepped for shipping
  • Included items inspected and packaged for return
Only test if involved in a crash or customer is having issues:
  • Range Tested and within specs (H= 1000ft - 1300ft)
  • Picture Tested at altitude
  • camera tested for functionality and quality
  • Video/Picture examined for discrepancies
Only test these features when customer is having issues or part is replaced:
Flight Check:
  • Accelerometer test complete (part of main board functions)
  • Compass Calibration Checked (only if aircraft doesn't fly in a straight heading)
  • Tested Task Mode Functionality (relies on GPS module)
  • Tested OBS Avoid/Real Sense Functions (if applicable)
Inspector: Date: Notes:

Thanks SoCal. I was going to purchase the used drone but by the time I got home from my 3D modeling job, the drone was already sold. Was listed at $1,250 with Real Sense and I lost out. I did contact the seller and apologized for not being able to buy it because by the time I was done with my imaging gig my bank was closed and I couldn't deposit the money. He was pretty cool though, he emailed me back and said I was stoked when I saw it was sold but disappointed when I saw you weren't the buyer. Good news for him, bad news for me. Lol

Don't feel bad, my new H Pro with Real Sense was just $50 more so that really wasn't that great of a price.

LOL, that's why I like you So Cal!!! You make me feel better when I feel like I missed out on a good deal!! I just saw another drone on eBay for $1300. Doesn't have real sense but comes with:
Lightly used like new typhoon H

I am selling because I want to buy the DJI Phantom series. I have an inspire 1 so this was my backup drone. Love the video quality and how smooth this drone flies I will really miss it!

I spent over $2000 for all parts and accessories on all the items...my loss is your gain!

Includes following
All original items from time of purchase minus the SD card
3xs batteries
Extra propellers
Modified remote extender attena *extends range up to 2-3xs* $115 attena
Travel backpack for drone

I have flown this drone less than 10 hrs and it has been recently serviced at the yuneec headquarters. Loaded with brand new firmware and serviced with several brand new parts for the drone. New camera and other items etc

Everything works perfect and is ready to plug in and fly!

The SEVERAL brand new parts scares me a little, plus not sure how much warranty time is left on it.

Some things to look for.

1. Is it an older Advanced version or a newer Pro version
The older version has internal antennas on the "H" and only two external antennas on the St16.

The pro version has external antennas on the "H" and three external antennas on the ST16. This means better range and radio reliability.

2. A quick search found a new Pro version (no RealSense) for 1,199.99. There are probably other deals on new Pro versions out there.

Yuneec Typhoon H Pro Bundle RTF w/ Backpack & Wizard Wand (YUNTYHBPUS) | Drone & FPV | RC Planet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss