Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Question about RTH on the H

Reaction score
I'm new to UAS (not RC) and I've owned the Q500 4k for about 4 weeks now. Love it, my H is due to arrive Thursday.
That being said, here is my odd question about the RTH feature on the H. Will it deploy the landing gear before it sets down? I couldn't find this info anywhere.

Yes I know, switch to RTH, and actually watch it. But I'm thinking about worst case here. Battery dies too far out, lose signal, ANYTHING to where you wouldn't be there to drop the landing gear. Will this thing land on the camera/spinning props?

I'm new to UAS (not RC) and I've owned the Q500 4k for about 4 weeks now. Love it, my H is due to arrive Thursday.
That being said, here is my odd question about the RTH feature on the H. Will it deploy the landing gear before it sets down? I couldn't find this info anywhere.

Yes I know, switch to RTH, and actually watch it. But I'm thinking about worst case here. Battery dies too far out, lose signal, ANYTHING to where you wouldn't be there to drop the landing gear. Will this thing land on the camera/spinning props?
Yes, RTH will activate the landing gear.

Reactions: BoostedPerspective
It will auto deploy landing Gear on RTH. You will have lots to explore. Some have said ours is the beta but I see it as ironing out the bugs and I get to play with it also. The customer service at Yuneec is first rate. Enjoy.

Reactions: BoostedPerspective
Not only will it deploy the landing gear, it will Land, put the motors to idle, and then shut the motors off.
I have tried it 3 times, each landing was with minimal bounce. One was better than I could have done.
I have not tried it by waiting for my battery to run low enough to engage it, nor have I tried removing the antenna on the ST-16 to making it think it lost link. Will wait for Yuneec to demonstrate that one.

Good to hear it, thanks for the replies. Honestly I usually use RTH just to bring the Q500 down hands free. (it can take awhile) I'll usually flip back to angle mode when it's close. Did let it land itself once (nerve wracking, in a yard with trees) but it worked hilariously well.

Not only will it deploy the landing gear, it will Land, put the motors to idle, and then shut the motors off.
I have tried it 3 times, each landing was with minimal bounce. One was better than I could have done.
I have not tried it by waiting for my battery to run low enough to engage it, nor have I tried removing the antenna on the ST-16 to making it think it lost link. Will wait for Yuneec to demonstrate that one.

I read in the manual that I downloaded from Yuneec some time back that if you are at altitude greater than 33' and activate RTH it will maintain that altitude until it gets back to the transmitter location and then descend slowly until landed. If you are below 33' and activate RTH it will climb to 33' then initiate it's landing. Can anyone verify this? Thanks.

I read in the manual that I downloaded from Yuneec some time back that if you are at altitude greater than 33' and activate RTH it will maintain that altitude until it gets back to the transmitter location and then descend slowly until landed. If you are below 33' and activate RTH it will climb to 33' then initiate it's landing. Can anyone verify this? Thanks.

I've actually seen this behavior in the Q500. So I'm guessing the H will be the same.

DON'T ever remove the Antenna or you could Fry the ST16.

Reactions: eric bee

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval