Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

QUESTION: Does firmware update 1.7 prevent flight?

Discussion in 'Q500 4K Discussion' started by WoodenManAerial, Aug 21, 2016.

1. WoodenManAerial

I am flying a Q500+ s10. My Typhoon is at Firmware 1.1 and it flies even though I'm in a "no fly zone" and my house is three blocks from a small airstrip. My question is if I update to the 1.7 firmware, will my ability to fly around my house be nixed? Or, if I upgrade firmware is there a way to hack it and allow flight in "no fly zones?"

2. NRRTRAINS

if it's ant broke don't fix it . you may be opening a can of worms you don't want.

Ron_Dog likes this.
  3. WoodenManAerial

Thanks, NRRTRAINS. I'm thinking the same thing but the other firmware does boast some improvements...but I don't want to improve myself into the ground! These NFZ's cover WAAAAY too much area in population zones! Thanks for any help...

4. NRRTRAINS

you are welcome , i also won't update unless i have too . i still rune the original software in my Q 4K .
    fly safe

5. WoodenManAerial

6. Mike_Flys

Do the upgrade.
    The no fly zones do not include small airports. My experience is it only includes airports that are in a class B airspace, which is generally bigger airports.
    I am currently in an RV park in Class D airspace 3.5 miles from Elsworth Air Force Base. My Yuneec starts and fly's fine here. Of course I do call the airport manager and inform them of my flights before I fly.

I have flown near several small airports with out issue from the NFZ.