Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Questions - GUI, Antenna

Reaction score
Just got my new H, have two Qs, ready for the upgrade. Two questions: I cannot connect the GUI to the machine using either computer or laptop, both Windows 7. Computer, get COM1 not found (it's there, I've installed all), with the laptop get GUI has developed a problem, closing error messages. So, is there another download available that I'm not seeing on Yuneec website? Anybody else have these issues, it's strange because I'm getting such different error messages.

This came with the 5.8G patch antenna, should I switch out, I am clueless on this one. What's the difference between this and the OMNI "mushroom."

Maiden voyage tomorrow, any help appreciated!

Basically try again. The GUI works with both Win7 and 10. Remove the GUI's from the system files using add or remove programs. Turn off your anti virus program and download again. Look at Yuneec's downloads page for a link to GUI drivers. Download those. In the GUI dropdown menu, select serial for port type. With the GUI up, plug the H into a USB port. Do not turn on the H until after it is plugged in. If needed, go to device manager to see if the H is being recognized, and what port is recognizing. You might have to map the port to a different one. The USB cable plugs into the bottom of the H by the camera mount. Do not plug into any other micro USB port on the H.

Wish that all worked but it didn't, now I get consistent message WpfApp Typhoon H has stopped working on both computer and laptop. In that dropdown, it's all blank, no options at all. The only other port I see is on the camera itself and I know not to plug in the cable to that. So, guess I'll be calling Yuneec next week. Was hoping to hook it all up and make sure all was calibrated correctly, etc. (like I do with my Q). Thanks for the help, onward and up.

P.S. I did find another port tucked under the body (when I removed the sd card I noticed it), but the one I'm using (trying to) is near the camera housing and has a little 'door' to it.

P.P.S. OK, 18th time is the charm, did some more searching and the usb port to use IS under the housing. Plus, reinstalled all, installed again w virus off, and it works - sort of. Still a little buggy, if I play with any of the settings it closes down, but at least I was able to ascertain that Calibration is OK!

Last edited:
Good on you! I erred when I referenced the USB port location. It sits in a well behind one of the landing gear legs.

Reactions: Vicki F

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me