Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Ran Out Of Room

Reaction score
I was testing my new batteries yesterday and i started heading out pretty far. 1700+ feet then it stopped. Residential area. I tried calling it back, that didn't work. I ran about 1/2 block to reconnect. Flipped the home switch to be safe, then back to angle. Reconnected fine. I have some data on battery flight time also.
Factory battery1: 17:24. Flight was easy and took dual layer panorama photo. A lot of hovering.
UltraX 3A: 18:55. Flight was more intense and went out past 1700 feet.
UltraX 4A: 18:24. Tried follow me mode with obstacle avoidance on. Didn't quite like it. It seems to take a while how to navigate between 2 large trees.

Reactions: Rayray
From the videos, it looks like controls froze. Video keeps recording.
The video feed is a wifi connection and is the weakest link. You may see the screen breakup or freeze and it may show a message about reconnecting. Don't confuse that with the control signal. Even thought the video feed may freeze the aircraft is still under full control probably up to 5000' or more depending on conditions. Sometimes gaining altitude will allow the video to reconnect. If you have the RTH altitude set high enough to avoid hitting anything, just go to Home mode and wait until you can see it and then you can take over manually.

Looks like controls were working. I saw when i put the gear down and then up. Must be like you said, just downlink video stopped. Cool. Thanks Steve.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erothots