Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

random change in altitude

Reaction score
my q500+ will randomly gain/decrease altitude with no pilot input.
I have updated firmware in drone and transmitter, I did also recalibrate the accelerometer and compass. Took the drone up about 30 ft and after about 3 minutes it flew back into the ground. If the battery gets too low will it try to land itself?
Any ideas of what it could be?

my q500+ will randomly gain/decrease altitude with no pilot input.
I have updated firmware in drone and transmitter, I did also recalibrate the accelerometer and compass. Took the drone up about 30 ft and after about 3 minutes it flew back into the ground. If the battery gets too low will it try to land itself?
Any ideas of what it could be?
Yes it will auto land at somewhere around 10.1 to 10.3 volts. You should never run the battery down that low. It will shorten the battery life. I always plan to be on the ground at around 10.7 volts. What was the reading you were seeing on the ST10?

Shouldn't be attempting to auto-land after 3 minutes (assuming a fresh charge,) unless you've got a bad battery.
Did it lose altitude over the 3 minutes (like dropped 10 ft per minute,) or did it fly around 30 feet for most of the time then come down relatively quickly?
If it just lost altitude over the 3 minutes, next time you see this behavior, keep an eye on the altitude reading on the transmitter. Changes in the weather can significantly affect the barometer on the craft. GPS altitude isn't very reliable either. Some pilot input will be required to keep the craft at the same altitude for minutes at a time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawchef