Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Random Yaw on q500 4k

Reaction score
Hello,

I was flying my q500 yesterday in 18km/h winds. This is usually the strongest wind I will fly in. At one point I was flying into the wind and randomly my q500 did a 90 degree spin. I continued to fly thinking it was my error from accidentally touching a joystick on my controller. When it happened again I knew something was wrong, I landed the q500 safely immediately.

Does anyone know what problem my drone could be facing? Or how I can diagnose this problem?

Thank you - evan

This is one of the few drawbacks to the Q500 line of aircraft. They are prone to wind induced changes in yaw due to drag on the camera. It is reduced flying directly into the wind, but variations in wind direction or gusts can cause this phenomenon. Just correct your course when this happens and realize this is something that can occur and be ready to make the necessary corrections.

This is one of the few drawbacks to the Q500 line of aircraft. They are prone to wind induced changes in yaw due to drag on the camera. It is reduced flying directly into the wind, but variations in wind direction or gusts can cause this phenomenon. Just correct your course when this happens and realize this is something that can occur and be ready to make the necessary corrections.

Thank you!

Flying the Q in wind has always been a challenge because of the forward mounted camera. In 2015 we came up with the name "snap yaw" for this peculiar behavior. You will learn different flying and filming methods to accommodate this. I generally fly backward into wind with the Q and then film flying back downwind.

Flying the Q in wind has always been a challenge because of the forward mounted camera. In 2015 we came up with the name "snap yaw" for this peculiar behavior. You will learn different flying and filming methods to accommodate this. I generally fly backward into wind with the Q and then film flying back downwind.

That's a great tip. I will definitely try reversing into wind next time im flying in high winds. Thank you.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder