Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Really love the new Panorama feature

Reaction score
I tried the 2 layer panorama feature and used Panorama Studio to create a spherical 360 image. The software did it in 3 easy steps with no manual settings. I uploaded the resulting image to Facebook, viewed it in full screen in a browser on my large monitor, dragged around and I was WOW. Perfect stitching. I am very impressed. This is taking aerial photography to a new level on the H.

Everything was very easy. From the moment the drone took the photos to viewing them on Facebook was just a few clicks. It almost felt automated.

I encourage everyone to try it out. I love this feature. View the photos on a computer monitor, not a mobile phone for best viewing experience.

I expected new versions of the camera to support 360 videos.
Meanwhile enjoy this 360 video of the Blue Angels. Pretty impressive how close they fly to each other.

Reactions: Tuna
I tried the 2 layer panorama feature and used Panorama Studio to create a spherical 360 image. The software did it in 3 easy steps with no manual settings. I uploaded the resulting image to Facebook, viewed it in full screen in a browser on my large monitor, dragged around and I was WOW. Perfect stitching. I am very impressed. This is taking aerial photography to a new level on the H.

Everything was very easy. From the moment the drone took the photos to viewing them on Facebook was just a few clicks. It almost felt automated.

I encourage everyone to try it out. I love this feature. View the photos on a computer monitor, not a mobile phone for best viewing experience.

Meanwhile enjoy this 360 video of the Blue Angels. Pretty impressive how close they fly to each other.
Ive watched that blue angels video on my vr goggles. So cool

Bill W.

Oooh. So with the H you can fix the position and it will record a 360 video. I take it you can't view up too much but it will be fully stitched together in the bottom half?

Oooh. So with the H you can fix the position and it will record a 360 video. I take it you can't view up too much but it will be fully stitched together in the bottom half?
It only does 360 pictures. You need a 360 video camera to shoot 360 video.

Bill W.

Doh, sorry yes I meant photo. Unless the camera could spin really fast and turn it in to a 360 video!

Doh, sorry yes I meant photo. Unless the camera could spin really fast and turn it in to a 360 video!
Haha....i thought maybe that was it. It is very cool. Pilots are getting some great 360 shots using this feature

Bill W.

If you record a video of a 360 rotation (or less if you want), you can use Microsoft ICE to convert it to a panorama jpeg.

Reactions: Sami Rautaneva
if you want to do beautifull panoramic video, you should use the Gyroptic 360 cam, you wont need any stitching software, for everything is done inside the camera. Gorgious

You need to watch this in youtube app. You can pan around. Even better with vr goggles!

Bill W.

Please show us an example done with the H.
Hello,
i wish i could show an example done with the Typhon H, unfortunately i would need a special mounting plate (would have to built it i guess) to attatch the Gyroptic 360 cam to the TH. Until now, i've used it on an extended tripod, and it does makes beautiful panoramic video. I wish i could experiment with the TH, but right now (in Quebec) were in that darn cold season with lot of snow.

Hello,
i wish i could show an example done with the Typhon H, unfortunately i would need a special mounting plate (would have to built it i guess) to attatch the Gyroptic 360 cam to the TH. Until now, i've used it on an extended tripod, and it does makes beautiful panoramic video. I wish i could experiment with the TH, but right now (in Quebec) were in that darn cold season with lot of snow.
Seems like you would need two cameras, one above and one below. Otherwise the aircraft would be in the way.

Seems like you would need two cameras, one above and one below. Otherwise the aircraft would be in the way.
I don't think you would need two camera, for the drone would be at the position of the mounting tripod, and when you watch the panorama you could easily move your mouse below the drone picture and enjoy the panorama scenery, unless it's important to see the sky above, and the drone would be in the way. It's no easy to explain without a demonstration, but you would understand better if you look into the Giroptic web site.

I tried the 2 layer panorama feature and used Panorama Studio to create a spherical 360 image ... From the moment the drone took the photos to viewing them on Facebook was just a few clicks ...

And then, once taken the 18 photos (double layer), one can consult my thread which gives useful information in the choice of assembly software, for a "virtual visit" exportable on any website.

Can you post a guide for the rest of us to follow using panorama studio3 Pro please from inserting the photos to posting to Facebook.
As the OP hasn't replied, I drew this up:

1. Click on Import single layer or double layer panorama.

2. Import your photos and check they’re in the right order.

3. In the menu bar, click on Parameters. The CGO3+ camera isn’t listed and you can just click on OK. The programme can align the photos without inputting focal length.

4. Click on ‘Align’. Check your panorama looks OK. To yaw a panoramic image in the single-row mode, move the left or right edge of the frame at "Render".
In the multi-row mode go to "Edit->Straighten horizon", enable "Constrain to horizontal moving" and move the panorama in the desired position.

5. Click on ‘Render’.

6. Click on ‘Resize’ to change the image size.

7. Click on ‘Optimize’ to alter characteristics of the image.

8. Click on ‘Save’ to save as a photo, interactive panorama or screen saver.

Sorry, I don't know how to upload to FB, perhaps somebody else does?
HTH:).

Attachments

• low.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 17
Reactions: Trisyuneec
I've managed to get an interactive 360 pano on Facebook. Essentially after the panorama is made, the EXIF data is changed using Exiftool ExifTool by Phil Harvey and Exiftool GUI ExifToolGUI programmes.

1. Place Exiftool and Exiftool GUI in the same folder.
2. Open Exiftool GUI and use it to navigate to your panorama and click on the pano.
3. The pano Exif data should appear and the camera data can be amended to Ricoh Theta S using the arrows next to the blue Edit menu at the right. The photo Exif will be amended automatically and the pano can be uploaded to FB without changing anything else.

At least it worked for me:). There is no need to resize the image to 2:1 as you may see on the net. I had tried to upload a pano without changing the camera name and that didn't work, but I'd like to try it again as that was done after using ICE and I'm now using Panorama Studio3.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval