Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Reason for Manual setting and Filter UK

Reaction score
On a bright sunny day I did some tests using the Variable ND Freewell Filter from copter.eu. You can probably get it elsewhere as well. Sadly the variable settings on the the filter are not easily transposed in to ND values but the important point is that as shown in other videos on the forum when the Typhoon camera tilts up and down the automatic gain on the camera comes in to action in Auto mode. It is not unmanageable but there is a definite change of exposure when looking down as opposed to showing the horizon. I hope that I will get used to different filter positions for different weather conditions.

Nicely done! so you feel the best setting so far is Sunny(on a sunny day) at just regular auto expose setting, no adjustments and highest ND filter setting you can set? Thanks for sharing !

Last edited:
As opposed to selecting manual . Yes that seemed to give the most overall picture with less changes to the exposure. The auto exposure does give the best blue sky. I need to experiment with this variable filter a bit.

Reactions: DroneClone
As opposed to selecting manual . Yes that seemed to give the most overall picture with less changes to the exposure. The auto exposure does give the best blue sky. I need to experiment with this variable filter a bit.
53, do you know what the highest ND on your adjustmnet is? ND32 ? What make/model is your filter? Thanks!

No sorry I even phoned the man in Germany hoping he could give some guidance. The website is copter.eu and there is a short video of it in action. The man in Germany just said adjust until you are happy and remember the setting which is a bit vague really. Maybe somebody on YT has figured out some equivalents. The beauty of the variable filter for me is no fiddly swapping filters over. But it is not very scientific. This is the link to the actual filter copter.eu - The YUNEEC Experts

Reactions: DroneClone
No sorry I even phoned the man in Germany hoping he could give some guidance. The website is copter.eu and there is a short video of it in action. The man in Germany just said adjust until you are happy and remember the setting which is a bit vague really. Maybe somebody on YT has figured out some equivalents. The beauty of the variable filter for me is no fiddly swapping filters over. But it is not very scientific. This is the link to the actual filter copter.eu - The YUNEEC Experts
Many Thanks My Friend !

When using any ND filter,it is best to have the camera in manual mode.In "Auto Mode" with an ND filter in place the camera will still hunt for proper exposure via speeding up or slowing down the cameras electronic shutter speed.

Burntpixel, but by theory you are correct, but by his video's and first hand experience, why is he getting better results(blue sky and all) in auto than manual? I'm am lost !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cosmoarts