Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Recovery GPS like Trackimo etc..

I'd worry about it interfering with GPS.. I know that if I carry my H with my hand over the top it loses GPS right away. Have you tried it out?

I'd worry about it interfering with GPS.. I know that if I carry my H with my hand over the top it loses GPS right away. Have you tried it out?

Not yet, Wes mounts his here but its a pain in the butt to get on and off so I am looking for some advice before I fly it LOL

Attachments

• 20160814_094243.jpg
    20160814_094243.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 10
Good point, all three carriers , well top carriers have 2g here in Idaho so Im good, and I buy most my stuff from amazon free shipping both ways :) by the way

3g version here 3G Trackimo® GPS Tracker Including Free Shipping and 1 Year GSM Service

Thanks for the link to 3G.
I can't believe those guys as I was told 3G would be out and they had me sign up for notification when it was out, not one email. Not even in my junk folder because I have been watching.
Going to have to shot them a email and let them know they are slipping on the customer service part.

Again thanks for the link.

Thanks for the link to 3G.
I can't believe those guys as I was told 3G would be out and they had me sign up for notification when it was out, not one email. Not even in my junk folder because I have been watching.
Going to have to shot them a email and let them know they are slipping on the customer service part.

Again thanks for the link.

I would wait for amazon or someone to carry it its priced better :)

Wow what an amateur I am, I attached the tracker to the front, turned it on, took the drone, (scuse~a) the UAV outside launched and flew around the house at about 60 feet, all the while forgetting to put up the antennas didn't even know it till i was packing it up!! so I guess I don't need to sweat my connectivity anymore LOL

I modelled and 3D printed a case for the Trackimo to snap to any arm of my H. Works perfectly.
As for the Trackimo itself, It's worth its weight in gold due to it's accuracy. I lost a Finwing Penguin
FPV fixed wing last month and walked right to it.
Funny story, as well... I actually lost my Trackimo when it vibrated off my H during a test flight.
Using the app I walked right to it, used the beep function, and was within a foot of it.

I modelled and 3D printed a case for the Trackimo to snap to any arm of my H. Works perfectly.
As for the Trackimo itself, It's worth its weight in gold due to it's accuracy. I lost a Finwing Penguin
FPV fixed wing last month and walked right to it.
Funny story, as well... I actually lost my Trackimo when it vibrated off my H during a test flight.
Using the app I walked right to it, used the beep function, and was within a foot of it.

the case sounds great :)

Not yet, Wes mounts his here but its a pain in the butt to get on and off so I am looking for some advice before I fly it LOL

It's actually quite easy to get on and off. I just use Velcro and it holds great.
At least 50 flights with it and the Velcro still holds strong, believe it or not!

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Trackimo should come out with one just for drones that is smaller and less conspicuious with no buttons except for the power button. We don't need the sos button for what we use it for. Make it in either white or black to match the drone color. This way nobody will notice it. If you lose your drone and some dishonest person get it before you they won't notice the tracker on it and you can get it back. But if they see the tracker on it they can just take it off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytingarden1