Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Registre again?

Reaction score
Yesterday I registered my drone with the FAA online. I filled out the questionnaire and paid $42.00 for the registration and ID card. They said that I would receive a conformation via email and I could activate my account. I did receive it and then had trouble logging in to activate the account. They said invalid password. Not so, it was right. I had to reset my password. Then the page that I got after logging in directs me to register my drone again and wants $5.00 more. What's up with that???? Has anybody else experienced that? I need to get to the bottom of this!

They dont offer an id card for drone registration. You might have gone to a 3rd party site by accident.

Reactions: Rayray
Why did I pay $42.00? Because I thought I was on the FAA site.

Yesterday I registered my drone with the FAA online. I filled out the questionnaire and paid $42.00 for the registration and ID card. They said that I would receive a conformation via email and I could activate my account. I did receive it and then had trouble logging in to activate the account. They said invalid password. Not so, it was right. I had to reset my password. Then the page that I got after logging in directs me to register my drone again and wants $5.00 more. What's up with that???? Has anybody else experienced that? I need to get to the bottom of this!

Sad to say, you probably been took. @LuvMyTJ posted a warning about that.

You've been scammed.

Wow, a fake FAA site, who would have thought. Scammers won't stop at anything. Sorry about your plight.

Only one registration entity in the U.S., and that's the FAA. The fee for aircraft registration, including full scale is $5.00. With hobby level sUAS you are not registering the aircraft, you are registering yourself. That $5.00 covers as many aircraft as you have. You can have 1 or 101, the fee is only a total of $5.00.

Sorry you got had, but it happened because you didn't take the time to learn anything about what you were doing first. The upside is you learned a valuable lesson, I hope. Do a little research before handing over money for anything. Know what you will be getting into and avoid acting on impulse.

Wigs, don't feel bad as the same thing happened to me. I google "FAA drone registration" and up popped this site that looked like it had the FAA logo. I went ahead and paid the $45 and they said I should receive an email confirmation. A couple days later I received the email. In the mean time I had gone to my hobby store and they said it was a secondary site. It wasn't that I didn't take time to learn this hobbie, it's that there are scammers everywhere.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss