Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Reliable flight distance

Do the external antennas on the H help increase the range if you have the fpvlr

One can easy install better antennae on the H and the ST-16, many vids about that.
Trying to fly as far out as possible will result in you posing yourself outside the law and insurance because you willingly put people and property in danger. You only know you can not go further if communication is getting lost. Thus you have no idea what you or the H are doing. Besides, if you have installed the best antenna in the world the H will probably not carry enough power to get back home.

Cheers!

Reactions: NWSaint
Thanks for the reply. I am not looking to go out past my line of sight. The issue is that I am losing video at about 1500-2000 feet and I do not want to have any interruptions with the video feed when I am out that far. I can easily see the drone but I am having to hit return to home to get it back at that point.

How do you have the antennas on the 16 oriented relative to the position of the H? That can have quite an influence.

Also, how high is the H above the water at the distances you are flying? The flat water surface induces a signal bounce and somewhat diffuses some frequencies at low altitudes.

We also need to bear in mind the video carrier is 5.8 WiFi, which is range limited. Only guessing, but that may have been one of the system design parameters used to assure the H was operated within LOS. Other carrier methods permit much more distant operation but providing them implies approval to operate at long range. To comply with FCC law there would need to be something that limits range. The H is intentionally range limited, and area conditions will have some influence in either direction.

Last edited:
I fly the H PRO RS with standard antennae. European version firmware, uo-to-date.
No problem to fly 1600 mtrs away from controller.

Descending at that distance proves to be a pain. So be sure to adjust RTH altitude to about 45 mtrs before you do so.

Thanks for the info. I was not flying over water. I was flying on a farm in a field about 200 ft high. There are no trees in the field. There is a power line that crosses the field and it was extremely cloudy and overcast. I was only able to get 15 satellites on the receiver.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daps20