Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Repair work

Reaction score
Ok, I had a bad crash today, caught a cable I did not see then a tree, needless to say lots of damage, camera toast, landing leg broke and a few broken arms and of courde propellers. What is the best and most efficient way to repair? I am in the southeastern US, GA to be exact. Is it best to go to a dealer or send it back in to Yuneec?

If you don't want to try and fix it yourself, I would probably send it to Yuneec. Depending how much damage you actually have however, one might consider buying a Bind-and-fly Typhoon. You say the camera is toast are you sure? If it is this is going to get a little costly. Yuneec's labor rate is around 80 per hour I think. Got pics?

Pat

Yea Sure the Camera is toast the lens is gone. here are some pics other then the three arms and camera and then the one landing leg it looks ok.

Attachments

• IMG_4577.JPG
    IMG_4577.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_4578.JPG
    IMG_4578.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_4579.JPG
    IMG_4579.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4580.JPG
    IMG_4580.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_4581.JPG
    IMG_4581.JPG
    188.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4582.JPG
    IMG_4582.JPG
    196.3 KB · Views: 57
Yeah I was going to say that if the lens and the board are in tact, you might just need a CG03+ crash kit, saw them on Amazon for about 70.00. The arms without motors will cost 50.00 each - 70.00 with a motor each. Legs are around 15 bucks. The camera and gimbal will set you back about 500.00 unless you can find a used one here in the classifieds.
Pat

You're close enough, just call CarolinaDronz and talk to them about parts and possible labor. If the crash didn't tear the inside of the camera apart call Yuneec and discuss camera repair.

Hard to tell from the pictures, but looks like your camera lens is intact. I only see the clear filter missing.
There are several good videos on this forum showing how to replace the broken items. Since only the motor arms are broken,you just need new arms, assuming the motors are ok.

I have always been very happy with Yuneec's CS and Repair. Emailed my RA while on the phone, shipped it out and they had it repaired within 2-3 days, and it was on the way back. This all occurred while it was under its warranty for the first year and it was sent to California. After the warranty expired they have you send it to one of the seven repair centers (third party). You have to pay shipping, parts and labor and return shipping. Although California has plenty of parts, the repair centers do not. They many times have no stock so your bird sits for weeks waiting on parts. Sent my H on 20 March for a broken arm and cracked motor casing, a week later they informed my they did not have the parts which were on back order. I would have to wait for them to arrive. Three more weeks now and still no word.

I find it hard to believe that as an authorized repair center, they do not have common parts on hand. With the costs involved, and delays without the H, I think it would be quicker and more efficient to send it to someone like Carolina Drones or as suggested above Vertigo Drones and skip Yuneec (if not under warranty).

I've sent my camera and gimbal to Terrestrial Imaging and they did a great job for a great price. They didn't try to screw me on hours or shopping either. Chris at TI did an excellent job explaining how they were going to repair it for me and turnaround was super fast.

I've sent my camera and gimbal to Terrestrial Imaging and they did a great job for a great price. They didn't try to screw me on hours or shopping either. Chris at TI did an excellent job explaining how they were going to repair it for me and turnaround was super fast.

Thanks for the shout out Thomas!

Ok, I had a bad crash today, caught a cable I did not see then a tree, needless to say lots of damage, camera toast, landing leg broke and a few broken arms and of courde propellers. What is the best and most efficient way to repair? I am in the southeastern US, GA to be exact. Is it best to go to a dealer or send it back in to Yuneec?
Graham1968 great company Terrestrial Imaging.com authorized to do repairs or parts do yourself. Faster turnaround then west coast, hope this helps

I agree with Old School unless you are still under warranty. If still under warranty, at least call Yuneec. They MAY still repair it for free. If they say the repair will be at charge, then go to the third party as Old School said.

Reactions: Christopher Philips
even with your drone under warranty, yuneec will sub work out...

I had to send mine back, contacted yuneec about the camera not pan or tilting. they sent me the RMA, printed the label out and sent it back...havent heard anything in awhile.

emailed yuneec and they said to contact Ken-a-Vsion, contacted them friday, they said it would take a few more days as they are backed up and id receive an email when its in the mail... so far, nothing yet...

even with your drone under warranty, yuneec will sub work out...

I had to send mine back, contacted yuneec about the camera not pan or tilting. they sent me the RMA, printed the label out and sent it back...havent heard anything in awhile.

emailed yuneec and they said to contact Ken-a-Vsion, contacted them friday, they said it would take a few more days as they are backed up and id receive an email when its in the mail... so far, nothing yet...

This is the same "Authorized Repair Center" where they sent mine. A center that does not have common parts on hand and has to wait three weeks for a common arm for a TH. Previously if it was under warranty, it went to California where repairs were quick. Anywhere else, I will send it to a third party repair as mentioned above.

I use Terrestrial Imaging for all my H needs. They are always there for me when I need help. I bought my H from them instead of a big box store because they seem like family and care about their costomers and not the bottom line. They also carry a large amount of parts.

Reactions: Christopher Philips

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace