Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Request an opinion re: Customer Service and Warranty

Reaction score
This is not a complaint, but rather a request for opinions as to the likelyhood of a reasonable argument being accepted by Yuneec USA. The facts are as follows:
1. I purchased q500 4K on November 29, 2015
2. I live in the Chicago area and due to winter weather I did not fly the Q until April, 2016
3. The Q has never crashed
4. The Q has less than 8 hours of flight time
5. The Camera/gimbal has begun to tilt during flight for both stills and video
6. Customer service says warranty is expired and that shipping and repair costs will be my responsibility.
I understand the six months since date of purchase, but to have discovered last week that I, like so many others, have a very common camera/gimbal problem and be told that shipping and repair will not be covered and further that they can't give me any idea of repair costs is very disappointing. During my conversation with the customer service person, he expressed dismay that I had a wire connection rather than a direct copper connection, whatever that means. Because the tilting is unpredictable and inconsistent, he even asked me if I could just live with it. It would appear that I am stuck with a very expensive toy unless I am willing to assume shipping and repair costs. Any thoughts on possible success in arguing the above points?

Regardless of when you first flew it, your Yuneec Warranty is for 6 months from the date of purchase. HOWEVER... I have seen Yuneec step up and at least compromise for problems such as yours, after the warranty period.
In my opinion, your best bet would be to talk to someone at Yuneec Customer Service, preferrably a Supervisor, about your concern and a possible resolution. I also wouldnt expect them to cover ALL the repair expense.
Best case, I would hope, would be they provide the Labor, you pay for the cost of the Repair Parts plus the Shipping both ways.

Regardless of when you first flew it, your Yuneec Warranty is for 6 months from the date of purchase. HOWEVER... I have seen Yuneec step up and at least compromise for problems such as yours, after the warranty period.
In my opinion, your best bet would be to talk to someone at Yuneec Customer Service, preferrably a Supervisor, about your concern and a possible resolution. I also wouldnt expect them to cover ALL the repair expense.
Best case, I would hope, would be they provide the Labor, you pay for the cost of the Repair Parts plus the Shipping both ways.
Thanks Buddy, you are probably correct and I will give it a try!

I think Yuneec should fix the problem with no cost to you.There are a few of
us having the same problem.And Yuneec knows about it.This is not something you did its in the camera or software.They don't seem to know.At best you should only have to pay for shipping.We spent a lot of money for this machine and if
Yuneec is a HONORABLE company they should fix it !!

I think Yuneec should fix the problem with no cost to you.There are a few of
us having the same problem.And Yuneec knows about it.This is not something you did its in the camera or software.They don't seem to know.At best you should only have to pay for shipping.We spent a lot of money for this machine and if
Yuneec is a HONORABLE company they should fix it !!

Thanks Ed, I understand the warranty requirement, but I agree with you and sort of feel like I was kind of "blown off" by customer service. I was ok until I was asked if I could live with the problem. Need to run it up the flag pole a little higher. Hopefully someone from Yuneec USA is monitoring this forum. As others have mentioned, many of us moved to Yuneec from DJI because of the promise of better customer service. Not ready to throw in the towel yet, but today was not encouraging.

Skrat Yuneec has been trying to help me.I don't think they know
what to do about it.I just sent my camera back again today.They are
sending me a new one.Hopefully this will work.

This is not a complaint, but rather a request for opinions as to the likelyhood of a reasonable argument being accepted by Yuneec USA. The facts are as follows:
1. I purchased q500 4K on November 29, 2015
2. I live in the Chicago area and due to winter weather I did not fly the Q until April, 2016
3. The Q has never crashed
4. The Q has less than 8 hours of flight time
5. The Camera/gimbal has begun to tilt during flight for both stills and video
6. Customer service says warranty is expired and that shipping and repair costs will be my responsibility.
I understand the six months since date of purchase, but to have discovered last week that I, like so many others, have a very common camera/gimbal problem and be told that shipping and repair will not be covered and further that they can't give me any idea of repair costs is very disappointing. During my conversation with the customer service person, he expressed dismay that I had a wire connection rather than a direct copper connection, whatever that means. Because the tilting is unpredictable and inconsistent, he even asked me if I could just live with it. It would appear that I am stuck with a very expensive toy unless I am willing to assume shipping and repair costs. Any thoughts on possible success in arguing the above points?
I have aggravating tilt/lean issues with my CGO3. I posted a video in a group on Facebook, and was told that Yuneec watched the video, and they advised me to send it in for a firmware update for older circuit boards in the CGO3, that is'nt available online, it's an in-house job. They also might need to make adjustments in the unit. I called them today, and they had no idea what I was talking about. I told them that I was told it's a firmware update that's not available online, for older CGO3's, and they told me there's no such thing. My warranty expires in 13 days, and I feel like I was told to shove it by customer service, and the tech behind her. The CGO3 costs almost as much as a new Q5004k, but I'll be damned if I'm buying another that will start tilting and leaning as well. DJI is looking good right about now. Screw the Typhoon H, if Yuneec wants to be like this. I've been loyal to Yuneec, for this?

Tim don't give up keep calling Yuneec it took some time but they finally
took care of me.

I purchased my Q500 4K in early Dec 2016. When I tried to register on the site, it kept giving me an error, and, according to my programmer son, exposing the code for the site. I tried 3 times to email Yuneec about this and kept getting my email bounced back as undeliverable. I was including all of my registration information, plus a photo of the battery showing a red light after charging and a photo of my receipt. On a fourth email, it finally went through (goodness knows why this attempt worked to email them). The tech who answered registered my drone for me and arranged for a new battery to be sent. While it was frustrating to try to get through, once they were contacted I couldn't have asked for a better outcome. They did not even want to defective battery returned, which I expected was going to be on my dime. Their web site does have problems though.

I called them yesterday (1/20/17) and had a question about my firmware and updates, only to find I had that mine came with latest and newest version of firmware. drone with the GUI stand alone connection in battery port etc. anyway before hanging up with this super nice service tech asked if he could register it for me since web site doesn't work. After gathering info, I told him it was a birthday/Christmas gift and I had no receipt but had the store name and address etc. He said I would get an email and just try and find receipt or ask store for one. Well that want happen as my wife trashed it she said, and store owner had asked if I could give him a copy as he sold it lower than cost on a promotion and needed my receipt for Yuneec. Why he does not have one I don't know. My wife said receipt only had price and tax no descriptive info is why she trashed it as the bank statement had the same info. Hope they will accept that. I told him purchase date was 12-16-16, and received it 12-25. He said it should be fine just explain in email when I get the confirmation and request email. I did and so far they have accepted it. Im going by store next week and see if he will write something i can send in, or ill make a copy of bank statement.
I have had nothing but positive experience with them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval