Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Return Home Killed Motors Inflight

Was it flying OK before you upgraded the firm ware ?

Yes. I had it only couple of weeks and flew only few times before upgrade and no problems. And no problems after reinstalling upgrade.

I just tested it after snow fall. The drone switch off if on the ground when turning RTH on. Then I tried taking it up about half a meter and flew it 2-3 meters away and turned RTH on to see if it kills motors during flight. RTH worked as it should be, the drone went up to 10m and then descended to starting point. And I was closer to the drone (4-5m) than when the accident happened (8-9m). So it looks even more than there was some problem with upgrade.

Yes. I had it only couple of weeks and flew only few times before upgrade and no problems. And no problems after reinstalling upgrade.

I just tested it after snow fall. The drone switch off if on the ground when turning RTH on. Then I tried taking it up about half a meter and flew it 2-3 meters away and turned RTH on to see if it kills motors during flight. RTH worked as it should be, the drone went up to 10m and then descended to starting point. And I was closer to the drone (4-5m) than when the accident happened (8-9m). So it looks even more than there was some problem with upgrade.
OK...I guess it is just me, but I figure if everything is working OK, then there is no reason for me to upgrade anything...other people believe that when a new upgrade comes along, they have to install it...then the problems start.....so as long as my bird is working right and doing what I want it to do, with no problems, I just leave it alone and enjoy it..........Like I said though..that is just me......every time you do an upgrade it is like pulling the handle on a slot machine, will it improve things or cause more problems........and every upgrade can install new restrictions to your fly areas ,with new additions to the GPS fence ................................

RTH will kill the motors when at idle and on the ground. The H thinks it has already landed.
I would call yuneec soon as possible. this should NOT have happened in flight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
premadsoftwaresolutions