Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Rotor arms problem?

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone heard or experienced any problems to fold/unfold rotor arms several times? Or is it a safe reliable construction?

Best from Sweden

Hi, has anyone heard or experienced any problems to fold/unfold rotor arms several times? Or is it a safe reliable construction?

Best from Sweden
It is a very simple construction, so nothing complicated to break or become unadjusted. If ever there becomes an issue with a rotor arm not locking in place, it can be easily repaired by the owner.

It is a very simple construction, so nothing complicated to break or become unadjusted. If ever there becomes an issue with a rotor arm not locking in place, it can be easily repaired by the owner.
Ok thanx, great to know, but what about the electric cabels?

Ok thanx, great to know, but what about the electric cabels?
The internal HARD parts that latch the boom arm up in place are made of hardened spring steel. If a latching issue arises,it is best to look and see if the physical male locking tab is bent down improperly. If so,a slight bending up of that male latching tab can correct a latching issue. If this does not address the issue,a simple replacement of the male and female steel tabs would be in order. As the the wiring harness,like any repeated folding and unfolding that harness will wear the internal wiring over time. As the H has not been out in the public sector for a long period of time,we do not know how many cycles of folding and unfolding of the boom arms will affect the inner wiring harness in a negative fashion.

Just me, but I only fold up when I need to. Most of the time it sits props on, spread out, and ready to go. Easy to carry, nice and small.
"Should" be no issue if you always fold it though.....looks well constructed

The internal HARD parts that latch the boom arm up in place are made of hardened spring steel. If a latching issue arises,it is best to look and see if the physical male locking tab is bent down improperly. If so,a slight bending up of that male latching tab can correct a latching issue. If this does not address the issue,a simple replacement of the male and female steel tabs would be in order. As the the wiring harness,like any repeated folding and unfolding that harness will wear the internal wiring over time. As the H has not been out in the public sector for a long period of time,we do not know how many cycles of folding and unfolding of the boom arms will affect the inner wiring harness in a negative fashion.

Agree.......bending wire will eventually cause problems

Just me, but I only fold up when I need to. Most of the time it sits props on, spread out, and ready to go. Easy to carry, nice and small.
"Should" be no issue if you always fold it though.....looks well constructed
Great news from all of you but I will not fold/unfold if not necessay!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval