Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

RS .... whether it is nobler in the mind to ...........

Reaction score
I saw a few comments in a discussion on battery life which set me pondering (painful sometimes I know) about the RS

It was said that switching the RS off has no other effect than to have the H simply ignore it. That is the thing is always live and using power (draining battery)

The question was also asked "How often do you use it?"

To the latter I direct my curiosity (I know, I know it killed the cat BUT I may be furry but am not of the feline ilk)

So, of you that possess the RS version of the H, how often do you use it?

I use it quite often, almost every time I fly. It's nice to have for RTH.
From what I put together you get 2-3min less flight time with RS. I have looked into putting a power switch on the wire carrying power in to the RS module.

Reactions: Ddraiggoch
From what I put together you get 2-3min less flight time with RS

I went back and checked records I made of this. My results were 2 minutes, average of 6 test flights w/ and w/o RS installed.
I use it often enough that I would not take it off. I like having the IPS, which is active in any case.

It's pretty easy to not notice the loss of flight time but that extra minute could have helped me in some spots. But I love having the RS that I don't find it a worthy trade off for what you get when running it turned on

One more thing is I love the follow me with RS OA. Not need to worry about trees as if I just keep walking it will find its was too me.

Honesty it's not for everyone. I would suggest thinking about your plans for the H. If you would like to have the follow me with the ability to navigate around its a good option. If not the standard OA is good too. It took me a long time to decide.

If you want I can post up some video of the RS in operation.

Would love to see some footage, too :) I have had my H for 6months aprox and I have not flown with the OA yet (just tried it once or twice quick),
I would like to add a question to the post if that´s ok.
How often do you use OA ? I like that the H flies much slower and it helps for filming often but maybe it is better to learn to fly and turn etc directly?

The decrease in flight time comes from the weight of the RS module, not the power it draws. The actual flight controllers/camera and other stuff on the H take almost not power from the battery in reality. If you fancy testing this leave your Typhoon h switched on for an hour without flying and see what the battery voltage is after. A power switch on the RS module may get you 10secs more flight time if you're really lucky!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marcojanson67