Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Rubberized Switch covers

I am curious, why do you guys prefer the rubber ones? I like the look of the metal ones myself. Is there a utilitarian reason or do some of you just like the look of the rubber ones better?

Since you don't really use the switches that often during operation I was trying to see an advantage.

Just curious. i:)i

I am curious, why do you guys prefer the rubber ones? I like the look of the metal ones myself. Is there a utilitarian reason or do some of you just like the look of the rubber ones better?

Since you don't really use the switches that often during operation I was trying to see an advantage.

I personally think they make the ST-16 look complete & as far as usability it makes the switches more robust and feel better when using them. I use the switches all the time espically the camera switches.& landing gear. Really its just personal preference.

plastic switches here (aka metal appearance like most other brands)... ordered from Horizon Hobby.

If you view the getting started video on the SDcard, it's rubberized. And it looks cylinder vs flat swtiches too. I think they went cheaper/standard as they ramped up production.

What I've done in the past is either rubberized heat shrink or heat shrink end caps. Does the job well.
Are you sure they are plastic on yours? Mine are metal for sure...
I dont think plastic would hold up in the "joint", for very long.

I want to find exact replacements that are 2 position and not the silly 3 they used. Drives me nuts.

OK so I am a bit crazy, Or is that senile.

No

No big deal really, I just like the looks and feel of rubber switches. A bit strange that all pictures (even on the box) shows rubber covered switches and then they ship ordinary, but guess they ran out, like said earlier...

Just for a data point mine are also metal. Ordered from Amazon in the US. I like the metal so I am fine with it. Looks shiny.. ;)

The only thing I think is weird is all the switches are 3 way switches but only select 2 things except the flight mode switch. Guess it was easier for them to do that.
I think you will find that they are 3 way switches for possible future add ons/improvements to the system

I think you will find that they are 3 way switches for possible future add ons/improvements to the system

I agree Coke.
BTW I also love Coke, Pepsi sucks. I mainly drink Coke Zero.. i:) i
I am assuming that is the Coke you are talking about. i:) i

Bobw55, I would not replace yours with two-way ones for that exact reason. If you try them in the hardware monitor you will see that the three-way switches are indeed recognized by the ST16 so maybe in the future they can be programmed. Removing those may be a huge mistake.

I agree Coke.
BTW I also love Coke, Pepsi sucks. I mainly drink Coke Zero.. i:) i
I am assuming that is the Coke you are talking about. i:) i

Indeed it is mate. It's the real thing ya know. You can have your zero mate and I will keep drinking the original, that way there will not be any conflicts when we r at the same party and the coke is running out :)

I want to find exact replacements that are 2 position and not the silly 3 they used. Drives me nuts.

OK so I am a bit crazy, Or is that senile.

You may miss out if and when a firmware upgrade takes advantage of the extra position.

Right out of the box I snapped the lever off of the OAS switch. The switch still functions but its too difficult to use it so I'm just ignoring it for now. Have to be pretty delicate with these things. Any leads on replacement switches?

Any leads on the switches yet? I just snapped my landing gear switch off :( Luckily its broke in the down position! Problem is its broken way down inside so I can't toggle it at all...

From what I understand, the switches with the rubberized cover were from the first batch produced. At some point during that early run, they changed to switches without the cover.

From what I understand, the switches with the rubberized cover were from the first batch produced. At some point during that early run, they changed to switches without the cover.
You are correct Ted. ST16 controller with rubberized switches were the early production run.Yuneec also had some technical issues with that series of ST16 controller. HDMI out compatibility being one of them.

Rubber switches = Early ST16
Crome switches = newer model of ST16

Last edited:
You are correct Ted. ST16 controller with rubberized switches were the early production run.Yuneec also had some technical issues with that series of ST16 controller. HDMI out compatibility being one of them.
I was told the same thing however my metal switch ST16 still had the loose parts/rattling inside. I ended up sending it to back to get it fixed. My micro SD slot was fine and I never did check the HDMI out. May have to when I get it back.

I was told the same thing however my metal switch ST16 still had the loose parts/rattling inside. I ended up sending it to back to get it fixed. My micro SD slot was fine and I never did check the HDMI out. May have to when I get it back.
The SD card slot on the ST16 could be a bit out of alignment with the ST16 plastic shell. Not really a big deal at all. Early ST16,s did have some loose fan to fan shaft issues,but haven't heard of that being an issue anymore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nubestpremiumsupplements