Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

SD card CGO3 problems

Reaction score
I am getting intermittent corrupt video files using any size and class SD card. I have formatted to FAT32 and used different sizes for the 16gig they sent to 64gig. It can happen at any time. Trying to do a simple hoover or high speed maneuvers. sometime I get great video sometimes and sometimes individuals images and videos or even the whole card is lost as if it has been wiped clean. I am wondering of I am loosing connection to the cards via all the cameras leads and thus corrupting the SD card? I started to carry a laptop and check each recording to see if it is corrupt or OK. This is a slow and painful process though. Any thoughts?

Reactions: dmpcreate
The CGO3 requires a U3 rated card. That's a 3 inside the U. If that is what you are using then try I different card reader. I've had problems with those in the past.

I am getting intermittent corrupt video files using any size and class SD card. I have formatted to FAT32 and used different sizes for the 16gig they sent to 64gig. It can happen at any time. Trying to do a simple hoover or high speed maneuvers. sometime I get great video sometimes and sometimes individuals images and videos or even the whole card is lost as if it has been wiped clean. I am wondering of I am loosing connection to the cards via all the cameras leads and thus corrupting the SD card? I started to carry a laptop and check each recording to see if it is corrupt or OK. This is a slow and painful process though. Any thoughts?

Yeah I have been using U3 and various card readers. I have adjusted frame rate and picture quality also to go slower thinking my data bus is bad. It still appears to be a random problem. What is odd is I have a high speed high def Nikon camera that lets me shoot video with me at all times. I use the same cards and readers and have never lost anything. Gremlins. Thanks for the reply!

Sounds like you are doing everything correctly. That would only leave the camera card slot as the culprit. It might be worth a shot to take an old sd card and spray some electrical contact cleaner on the card contacts and insert the card in the slot. You would need to do that a few time to make sure the contacts get cleaned. I would not spray it into the camera.

Where does the requirement for a UHS-3 SD card come from? The Q500 4k manual states a class 10 (similar to UHS-1) is required.
CGO3 maxes at 50Mbps, and a true class 10 card should have write speed of at least 10MBps (80Mbps.)
I guess if I was buying a new card I'd go ahead with a UHS-3 (they look to be about 50% more expensive than UHS-1 cards in 64 GB capacity.) But if you've got UHS-1 cards they should work fine. Are there cases where good brand name class 10's or UHS-1's had issues?

Where does the requirement for a UHS-3 SD card come from? The Q500 4k manual states a class 10 (similar to UHS-1) is required.
CGO3 maxes at 50Mbps, and a true class 10 card should have write speed of at least 10MBps (80Mbps.)
I guess if I was buying a new card I'd go ahead with a UHS-3 (they look to be about 50% more expensive than UHS-1 cards in 64 GB capacity.) But if you've got UHS-1 cards they should work fine. Are there cases where good brand name class 10's or UHS-1's had issues?
These are the cards I was using when I upgraded to the 4K camera. None of them would work. When I questions the camera people at Yuneec they assured me a U3 would work and they were correct. The problem with the U1 is that it might work one time and not the next.

Attachments

• MicroSD-Cards.jpg
    MicroSD-Cards.jpg
    917.7 KB · Views: 10
What do you guys need a card with longer (time) capacity than the drone's (battery) flight time is? I mean I have a 32GB card, that's easily good for two batteries and that's assuming I had the video recording all the time during flight - which I don't.

Did that make any sense to anybody? LOL :D

What do you guys need a card with longer (time) capacity than the drone's (battery) flight time is? I mean I have a 32GB card, that's easily good for two batteries and that's assuming I had the video recording all the time during flight - which I don't.

Did that make any sense to anybody? LOL :D
So you don't have to swap cards or download photos every time you swap batteries?

So you don't have to swap cards or download photos every time you swap batteries?

OK, when I go fly my drone to make a video I have a flight plan in my head. I plan usually for about 3 minute video,longer than that there must be really awesome scenery or some "action", something happening on the video. Remember they say that Youtube-Generation attention span is about two minutes and in all fairness no one wants to watch a tedious "vacation video" that drags on and on.

So with a little pre-planning my 32Gb holds more than enough material for my 3 minute - or even longer video. And should I need more, I have a spare SD-card.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely those of the author who is NOT a professional videographer and may not know what the heck he's talking about... :p

I generally record 4K from launch to landing and sometimes go thru 3-4 batteries. I've never had to switch cards although I keep a spare with me in a card reader. After I'm finished flying I switch out the card from the card reader into the camera and it's ready for the next flight.

OK, when I go fly my drone to make a video I have a flight plan in my head. I plan usually for about 3 minute video,longer than that there must be really awesome scenery or some "action", something happening on the video. Remember they say that Youtube-Generation attention span is about two minutes and in all fairness no one wants to watch a tedious "vacation video" that drags on and on.

So with a little pre-planning my 32Gb holds more than enough material for my 3 minute - or even longer video. And should I need more, I have a spare SD-card.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely those of the author who is NOT a professional videographer and may not know what the heck he's talking about... :p
I definitely get keeping the video short to reduce editing, but I like to keep my video running from take-off to landing so if the crap hit's the props (so to speak,) I've got one more piece of data to figure out what went wrong.
I'm pretty new with mine though, once I have a few hundred flights down I might have the confidence to only record what I actually want in my video.

I definitely get keeping the video short to reduce editing, but I like to keep my video running from take-off to landing so if the crap hit's the props (so to speak,) I've got one more piece of data to figure out what went wrong.
I'm pretty new with mine though, once I have a few hundred flights down I might have the confidence to only record what I actually want in my video.
Recording the whole flight is a good practice. A 32GB card will hold something like 56 minutes of 4K video. I've never filled one up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22