Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. Eagle2508

Which brand/version works best for 4K video?

2. Samuel Fowler

I just bought this last night PNY and should be getting it today. I have the 128 I bought but found that its not as fast as the one I bought last night.

Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 128GB microSDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter, Black, Standard Packaging (SDSQUNC-128G-GN6MA): Computers & Accessories <- good but not as fast as I want.
    Amazon.com: PNY U3 PRO Elite MicroSD Card - 64GB - P-SDU64GU395PROE-GE: Computers & Accessories <- this is supposed to be 90 ish read and write and its cheaper than some others that run this fast

Fast write times is the key.

3. Skypicswa

I agree with SF. SanDisk make a great card with hi transfer rate. Any card must be UHS-I class

4. Eagle2508

Is there a way to format it once in the camera? I had a look last night and can't find anyway

5. Samuel Fowler

I formatted mine in the st16. Now with that being said, that was tricky. That stupid SD slot is so hard to work with. I used a jewelers slot screwdriver to get it in and after fiddling with it for almost 1/2 hour I got it to work. Some people have said they get the card in but can't get it out. You would be better off just format it on a computer and then start shooting and the folders get automatically created on the card.

6. Eagle2508

In the UK locally to me I have two choices...

Both Sandisk:

32GB Extreme - Read 90 MB's Write 40 MB's - £14.99
    32GB Extreme Plus - Read 95 MB's Write 90 MB's - £19.99

For the extra cash would there be any actual advantage in the real world going from 40 write to 90 write when shooting 4K?

7. Samuel Fowler

Yes, get the Extreme plus. Faster the better. Thats how I would do it. Reading is not important for 4K its the writing thats important.

Steve Carr and Eagle2508 like this.
  8. Eagle2508

No problem, from what I've read both are 4K compliant but for the sake of a fiver I'll go for the better one.

Surely there must be a way to format a memory card once it's in the camera though..... It's always best to get the camera you're using to format a card.

9. Steve Carr

Steve Carr Moderator
    Staff Member

Yuneec recommends using a card with a rating of U3.

10. RBC

RBC

I purchased a 64gig SanDisk Class 10 U3 from B&H for $29.99. Make sure you buy the U3 and not the U1. The U1 is a little cheaper but is not as fast. Yuneec recommends U3 for 4K.