Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Setting time on ST16

Reaction score
How does one set the time on the ST16? I went into the Android mode and set the time properly there but when I switch to flight mode the time at the top right is an hour behind. Thanks!

Use a different time zone.
Tried that with same result. I also searched here and there is a thread where they indicate that it is a known glitch with the software. Only showed up once we got into daylight savings time.

Yes, this is a known bug with the firmware. Are you on the latest release?

The ST-16 resets the timezone when you establish a GPS connection, so changing it in the settings will not 'stick'.

Reactions: Bert2006
Have been on to Yuneec yesterday about this and they got back to me today, it seems that all was fine on this update as it corrected the time, that is until daylight saving time came in, the update basically didn't allow for that hence the time staying as it was and not moving on the hour, they have no fix for it at preset so will wait to hear, the good news of course is that if nothing is done by October the 29th it will be right again then anyway.

We've had this problem in Oz for months... finally it's right when the clocks changed. Hope they have it fixed by the time it changes back.
Funny how nobody seemed interested when it was just an Australian problem!
Come on Yuneec, add in the option for summertime!

I had the same problem - I'm on Eastern DST, but when I set it correctly under android settings, it would revert when going back to the ST16 screen. However, after several tries using the time zone option, I set it manually and it seems to be fixed now, correct time shows on the flight screen.

Oh.... It may not stick after a GPS connection on the H itself..... :(

Last edited:
I had the same problem - I'm on Eastern DST, but when I set it correctly under android settings, it would revert when going back to the ST16 screen. However, after several tries using the time zone option, I set it manually and it seems to be fixed now, correct time shows on the flight screen.

Oh.... It may not stick after a GPS connection on the H itself..... :(
Hi Dan, you don't say where you're located, but I'm assuming it's the USA. Same result as here I believe. Everything seems fine until aircraft connects to GPS, then it reverts to 1 hour out. Was it working properly before the change to DST?
My theory is Yuneec have factored in this change as you have no way of adjusting.

Hi Dan, you don't say where you're located, but I'm assuming it's the USA. Same result as here I believe. Everything seems fine until aircraft connects to GPS, then it reverts to 1 hour out. Was it working properly before the change to DST?
My theory is Yuneec have factored in this change as you have no way of adjusting.
Chris, I'm in London Ontario Canada. Yes, before DST it has the correct time. It seems that no matter what time you set manually in the android area settings, the GPS will over-ride it as soon as GPS is locked in. So for whatever reason the Yuneec codemasters determined that the time will be set by GPS time which apparently doesn't adjust for various DST settings. I'm wondering if the long known time stamp error on the videos is a similar issue with GPS. My videos have always been stamped with UTC (England) time - exactly 5 hours off.......

Chris, I'm in London Ontario Canada. Yes, before DST it has the correct time. It seems that no matter what time you set manually in the android area settings, the GPS will over-ride it as soon as GPS is locked in. So for whatever reason the Yuneec codemasters determined that the time will be set by GPS time which apparently doesn't adjust for various DST settings. I'm wondering if the long known time stamp error on the videos is a similar issue with GPS. My videos have always been stamped with UTC (England) time - exactly 5 hours off.......
I was in contact with Yuneec USA a while back, but after lots of backwards and forwards of emails, I gave up explaining to them. They didn't seem to understand what the problem was, as, I think, they weren't yet on daylight saving..... we'll see if that changes now!

Incidentally, we have very good friends in Port Perry, Ontario.
Lovely spot with (if I remember) some fantastic areas for filming.

Incidentally, we have very good friends in Port Perry, Ontario.
Lovely spot with (if I remember) some fantastic areas for filming.
Haven't been to Port Perry area, but I know there are dozens of scenic spots in that part of Ontario which is covered in beautiful lakes, rivers, and forests. I will be heading out to capture some of the landscape this spring and summer, regardless of out new "NoDroneZone" rules just announced last month.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio