Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Shaky Video

Ya I had the same problem till I saw the video the person posted and darned if I can find the video now.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Well here is the thread that recommends the balancer, I already had one for my typhoon 500 and found all my Yuneec props to be darn near perfect but my after market props needed a lot of work to balance.

Typhoon H Props out of balance

Since your H had a previous crash there can be a few other things to cause the vibration. In addition to checking the props, inspect each motor. Check for sideways movement and endplay on the motor shafts. Check each motor arm while the are latched by moving them up and down, sideways and twisting to see if one has more play than the others. Do the same with the landing gear. Remove the camera and check the mount on the H and on the gimbal. Reinstall it and check for play. To me it looks like something is causing one of the motor arms to wobble. When you check the props, bend each blade carefully to look for any cracks.
Let us know if you find anything.

I thought the same thing and took a really good look at the motors and strength. They look and feel really good. The arms never took a hit - what happened is it drifted into a lagoon and went 20" deep and was there for about an hour. I finally fished it out and rinsed it off with water to get all the gunk and mud out. Then of course it was dead. Yuneec said they replied it but it really looks new or replaced and I can't really tell if they replaced it or replied it. But It looks new in every way not a scratch on it. I hooked it to the GUI and tested it and the motors and they all spin and no errors come up so I guess its good per the GUI....

The arms feel strong and not flimsy. The landing gear after fishing it out of the water was mildly bent or not perfect to be honest but now after repair its strong and solid and sits very nice. I am wondering if its the software update....hmmmm...or maybe its a prop. I am uploading a video as I type this showing me running around the apt with the drone to see how it handles.

My only other suggestion is to just record with the camera while holding the drone in your hand. Move around and every now and then shake the drone slight and check out the results. Drone cameras do not sit without vibrations and some combat it via software and others via optical stabilization to give that silky smooth look. I would guess the Typhoon does it via software (firmware).
Here is me doing just that... That jerkiness in this video is youtube, because its not on the original video. But the shakiness is not present.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rayray
I thought the same thing and took a really good look at the motors and strength. They look and feel really good. The arms never took a hit - what happened is it drifted into a lagoon and went 20" deep and was there for about an hour. I finally fished it out and rinsed it off with water to get all the gunk and mud out. Then of course it was dead. Yuneec said they replied it but it really looks new or replaced and I can't really tell if they replaced it or replied it. But It looks new in every way not a scratch on it. I hooked it to the GUI and tested it and the motors and they all spin and no errors come up so I guess its good per the GUI....

The arms feel strong and not flimsy. The landing gear after fishing it out of the water was mildly bent or not perfect to be honest but now after repair its strong and solid and sits very nice. I am wondering if its the software update....hmmmm...or maybe its a prop. I am uploading a video as I type this showing me running around the apt with the drone to see how it handles.
Yeah, I'm still thinking this is a mechanical issue. There is one other test you can do with the motors while inside the house. Remove the props, turn on the ST16 and the H for normal operation and disable the GPS. Then arm the motors and "fly" it with the controller while listening to the motors. Run it up to speed and move the right stick around while you hold the H in your hand. See if you feel or hear anything unusual in any particular motor. If they all sound good then you are back to the props as suspect. Did you remove and reinstall the camera and check the mounts?

Well here is the thread that recommends the balancer, I already had one for my typhoon 500 and found all my Yuneec props to be darn near perfect but my after market props needed a lot of work to balance.

Typhoon H Props out of balance
Thanks Junkie. I sent Dubro an email to see what they have that will work with the H.

Yeah, I'm still thinking this is a mechanical issue. There is one other test you can do with the motors while inside the house. Remove the props, turn on the ST16 and the H for normal operation and disable the GPS. Then arm the motors and "fly" it with the controller while listening to the motors. Run it up to speed and move the right stick around while you hold the H in your hand. See if you feel or hear anything unusual in any particular motor. If they all sound good then you are back to the props as suspect. Did you remove and reinstall the camera and check the mounts?

I will try this later today - I did notice a couple of things last night - I was inspecting the arms and all the arms do extend and 4 click and are locked after extending but 2 dont click - they do extend and are locked but no click. That no clicking bothers me. I am wondering if its really locked or not. Its hard to tell. I also noticed after connecting this to the GUI and spinning the rotors at time of initial spin there is a grind on one of the motors and then the grind is gone. Its just a split send of a grind and no other motors do that when I do the spin of the motors. I am starting to suspect I have album motor or two. I mean this H was deep in the water for a good period of time with mud in the motors. They said they went thru a 20 point inspection before sending it back, so i am curious if they even checked this. I really can't believe its a prop as I really had no real air time with this drone to justify a bad prop at this time period. Its only had about three hours in the air or there about - as I only had one battery to work with and it takes two hours to charge it. So I would fly for 20 minutes and put it away till I charge it again a day or two later. So I will test your theory today and will do a video to show you the sound of the motor as well. Thanks Steve...good ideas are the recipe for success. Oh and the camera I have reinstalled it numerous time and its on there good. Thats not the issue, its solid and the mount and slide are perfect.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I think your problem may lie with one or more of the motors/ motor fixings/ or one of the arms not secured properly, I don't think this is anything to do with props being out of balance it looks to severe for that, whilst all the supplied props are not balanced and do require balancing for a smoother vibration free flight, apart from checking what I have already stated I would also feel each motor directly after a flight for any heat from any particular motor, my H has gone back to CS for several faults to be rectified one of which two motors running hot, some of the arms not clicking in place one in particular very weak comes undone whilst doing a compass calibration, although you state that yours had been in a previous crash seems to point to my first suggestions to check let us all know what you find.

Reactions: Samuel Fowler
The arms just click in but barely. If it was more secure the arm soul be hard to let Down. Good luck, Fly safe.

Steve you hit it on the nail. Here is a video of my testing. The last part is where the motor shows to be rattling and must be bad. Hopefully this video works - the last one i uploaded to youtube was corrupted.

Can you not spin over each motor separately in the GUI under speed controller status and testing?

Sam I'm sure I saw somewhere on the forum that if you speed up the motors without props you will get a motor failure warning, so that may be a red herring what you have found, not sure if you have checked each motor to see if any are getting hotter after a flight yet, another thing you could do to test each motor in turn for excess vibration is install on your smartphone something like vibrometer its a small app that record minute vibrations, couple of years ago I once used this method on a dji phantom to identify a harsh running motor, all I did was lay the smartphone which was in a leather case across each arm near the motor without any props fitted and run up the motors and observe the readings on the vibrometer on your phone, now I did run the motors up to full speed on the phantom but I don't think you can with the H because it will trigger off the faulty motor warning when no props are fitted, but this method should still work at lower speed without the faulty motor warning popping up, also make sure you check each motor for security in their mountings.

Vibration Meter – Android Apps on Google Play

Last edited:
Found this video which does say about motor failure coming up if run without the props, I'm sure you don't get the warning if you the speed is kept relatively low.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Siyaco