Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. JulesTEO

Hello everyone,

So, I realized that as much as I love to keep most of the raw footage from my H it can, very quickly, consume a lot of valuable space on my drive.

Call me weird, but sometimes I rather watch some raw footage, with original sound and no editing. I find something cool about watching the footage as it was recorded and listen to the real sound of the propellers while moving around without someone having picked the best shots. However its kind of difficult to find these kind of videos on youtube (specifically talking about typhoon H), seems that most of us like to share our final productions instead.

Also, somewhere around the threads I saw that someone posted about the fact that the forum seems to consist only of problems or issues from the Typhoon H giving a bad impression about the machine's reliability, and someone else replied that its the nature of forums since most people try to find a solution when a problem shows, but will rarely talk about how normal their flight went.

Anyway, here's my "positive" contrubution of uneventful flights on my H. In case anyone is interested on these kind of videos I'll keep backing up raw footage on this channel:

Jules_Flies

A couple of videos that I've uploaded.

Greetings!

Merlin and yuneec53 like this.
  2. Merlin

It's good to see some raw footage now and again. Keep up the good work.

3. gwhuntoon

Nice. One thing I've noticed is that the video files are considerably smaller if recorded without sound. Sometimes you want sound but if your plan is to ignore it, try turning it off to see the difference. It may help you save some space.

Greg

4. Brian Mackey

why the sound :(

5. JulesTEO

Why keep it or why discard it? :rolleyes:

6. JulesTEO

More uneventful footage; a whole flight worth a complete battery at 4K

Nothing too interesting, just showing off the H to some friends.

yuneec53 likes this.
  7. Dragonflyerthom

If you want to save space on your hard drive you might want to think about storing these on your SD card you can probably get anywhere from 3 to 4 flights per SD card and save the space on your computer

8. JB1

JB1

I bought a 6TB drive to store my vids on, with the ability to add more later. Hard drives are pretty cheap right now.

9. PatR

External drives are the way to go for storing video and photo files. Both generate a lot of data and can quickly consume a computer hard drive. There will be times when people may want to use portions of previous videos for incorporation into a new production. If we delete our old files there is nothing there to draw from. Although we can put a lot of data on a 64.- 128 gig card the cost of numerous cards, not to mention labeling them, becomes prohibitive quickly. Multi terrabyte external storage drives are not that expensive and are great as an investment in your progress as an aerial videographer. The videos you save today may well become part of an income in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. JB1

JB1

Exactly! I have one for stills and one for vids and paid under $300 for both and auto backup to google drive for added security.

11. Dragonflyerthom

I do not miss the days when I hundred meters was the limitation Of your quad copter. Now were talking about TB storage units . That wasn't that long ago.

12. PatR

True. 3 years ago the Go Pro was the "go to" camera for our level of use,