Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Short Clip of a Covered Bridge

Nice work on the video and very smooth flying. I see you also like to reverse the video for a different effect. Don'tcha just hate it when a car ruins your shot??:):)
One of my favorite methods to use for reversing is to do a "Fly-in". I start with a hover and then take off fast up and backwards to about 350'. Then reverse in edit and it makes a perfect fly-in as long as nobody is walking or driving past.

Nice work on the video and very smooth flying. I see you also like to reverse the video for a different effect. Don'tcha just hate it when a car ruins your shot??:):)
One of my favorite methods to use for reversing is to do a "Fly-in". I start with a hover and then take off fast up and backwards to about 350'. Then reverse in edit and it makes a perfect fly-in as long as nobody is walking or driving past.

Nice!

I'll have to remember that trick!

Jeff

Finally had a nice sunny day here, there was a decent wind but the H handled it well. Thanks for checking it out.

I've always wondered about the logic of having a covered bridge like that. As far as I'm aware we don't have bridges like that in the U.K. Are they built like that for just their looks or is there a more practical reason?
Great vid by the way.

Snow does not accumulate on the bridge.
Nice videos there!

Thanks. I like the fly-in, I'm definitely going to work it into some videos. Great tip.

I've always wondered about the logic of having a covered bridge like that. As far as I'm aware we don't have bridges like that in the U.K. Are they built like that for just their looks or is there a more practical reason?
Great vid by the way.

Thanks.
The bridges are wooden, so covering protects the wood from the weather. We have about five locally and they date back to the mid 1800's. this particular one however, was recently rebuilt from the ground up.

Reactions: yuneec53
Thanks.
The bridges are wooden, so covering protects the wood from the weather. We have about five locally and they date back to the mid 1800's. this particular one however, was recently rebuilt from the ground up.
I've seen such bridges in various American films and always wondered about them...but never got around to ask until now. I'd always had it in mind that they were covered for aesthetic reasons never considering a more practical reason. You live & learn even at my advanced years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval